Women's Heart FundThe mission of the Women’s Heart Fund (WHF) is to champion women’s health issues in Monmouth, Ocean and Middlesex counties and to facilitate learning and engagement with the larger Hackensack Meridian Health community. First and foremost, the WHF is deeply committed to education about the importance of women’s health; we therefore aspire to engage women at the Board level who will serve as powerful influencers and conveners in the communities we serve. Through our outreach work and events, the WHF seeks to increase philanthropy each year for women’s health programs, services, and technology as well as other Hackensack Meridian Health funding priorities.
More about Women’s Heart Fund
Check back here for our details regarding a future Spring 2023 event.
Past Fundraising Initiatives
Women’s Heart Fund has raised funds for numerous initiatives and causes over the years. Here are some of the examples below:
- 2019: Community Conversations with the Center for Discovery & Innovation (CDI)
- 2018: The Center for Survivorship at Hope Tower
- 2016: “Healthy Kitchens. Healthy Lives.” an Educational Integrative Medicine conference for key health care providers throughout in the network
- 2016: New Community health van used to transport health screening equipment to various high risk groups
- 2015: Community Lifesavers program to train Monmouth and Ocean county high-school students in CPR
- 2014: Peaceful family waiting area in the new Cardio-vascular ICU at JSUMC
- 2013: Vascular screening equipment used by community outreach departments
- 2011: Pediatric Cardiology program at K. Hovnanian Children’s Hospital
- 2009: Scholarships for nurses in Monmouth and Ocean county
- 2008: STEMI Management equipment, providing EKG feeds in real time from ambulances to ER departments
- 2007: Materials to support and promote the Women’s Heart Connection