Behavioral Health Field Placements
The Field Placements in Behavioral Health Services at Hackensack Meridian Health reflect a commitment to providing experiential training to students pursuing a career in the mental health field. We offer unpaid field placements to students enrolled in affiliated colleges and universities who are pursuing their undergraduate and graduate degrees in social work, psychology, counseling, psych-rehab, occupational therapy psychiatric practicum or therapeutic recreation.
- Bachelors and Masters level students must be enrolled at a university/college that has an active affiliation agreement with Hackensack Meridian Health.
- Students seeking a field placement in behavioral health should submit an application to email@example.com.
Applications Should Include:
- Current resume
- Hours available for placement
- Areas of interest
- Requirements for internship (required number of hours)
- Supervisor requirements
- Name of school, program and program director
- Anticipated start and end dates
All applications will be reviewed by the Behavioral Health Training Committee. Applications will be distributed to all eligible supervisors for review and interview. Individual supervisors will determine whether a student is offered a position based on review of application material and interview.
Please apply 6-8 weeks prior to the expected start date to allow for the interview process, including a background check.