Spine Care at Hackensack University Medical Center
We are pioneers in minimally invasive spine surgery and have one of the most comprehensive spine programs in the region. Our large team of neurosurgeons have advanced training in treating back pain and spinal disorders. We work with you to find the source of your pain and develop an individualized plan that best meets your needs, preferences and priorities — from medication and physical therapy to minimally invasive or complex surgical approaches.
With unparalleled experience and highly subspecialized training, we treat the full range of spinal disorders—from back pain, herniated discs and degenerative conditions to complicated spinal tumors, vascular malformations and scoliosis.
Our spine specialists provide innovative care tailored to your condition, needs and preferences — including surgical and nonsurgical treatments including:
- Use of sophisticated radiology technology to determine the pain generator
- Intensive core strengthening routines
- cognitive behavioral therapy
- diagnostic and therapeutic injections
- Medial branch blocks
- epidural injections
- minimally invasive decompressions
- Anterior and posterior cervical surgery
- Anterior and posterior lumbar surgery
- Cervical and lumbar radiculopathy treatments
- Complex adult deformity correction
- Extreme lateral interbody fusion (XLIF)
- Intractable Pain Syndromes
- Laminectomy and decompression
- Minimally invasive fusions
- Minimally invasive surgery of the spine (MISS)
- Sacroiliac fusions
- Spinal cord stimulator trial and implantation
- Thoracic discectomies
- Tumor resections
- Robotic-assisted surgery
Conditions We Treat
- Back pain
- Cervical and lumbar stenosis
- Degenerative disc disease
- Disc herniation/slipped disc
- Neck pain
- degenerative disc disease
- Spinal fractures
- Spinal tumors
Why Choose Us?
We are leaders in diagnosing and treating spine disorders. We were the first in New Jersey to offer the Mazor Robotic Spine surgical system and participate in many clinical trials to evaluate best practices and new methods to treating complex spine disorders.
Meet the Team
Our neurosurgeons collaborate with pain medicine physicians, physical medicine and rehabilitation specialists and neuroradiologists to determine the most appropriate plan of care for you. The team is led by Patrick A. Roth, M.D., MHA, chair of neurosurgery.