Friends of Hackensack University Medical Center
Friends of Hackensack University Medical Center provides an environment of discovery to learn about medical center advances and all that Hackensack University Medical Center has to offer.
Attendees are discouraged from pursuing personal business interests or soliciting attendees while at Friends events.
Friends of Hackensack University Medical Center Events
Types of events we host include:
- Educational events that highlight the work of our distinguished clinicians and scientists, such as the “Breakthroughs in Medicine” lectures and “Straight Talk” luncheons
- Social and informational events and gatherings, such as parties at private homes or local venues
- Tours and talks that showcase the medical center, such as tours of the Joseph M. Sanzari Children’s Hospital, the John Theurer Cancer Center and HackensackUMC Fitness & Wellness Powered by the Giants
Frequently Asked Questions
How can I get more information about the events Friends is planning?
Once you request more information, all invitations to Friends events will be sent to the email address you provide.
What events will I be invited to?
Separate events are held in each of the three areas in which the Friends has groups: Franklin Lakes/Wyckoff, Saddle River Valley, and northeast Bergen County. Members are invited to events with their local group as well as to the gatherings to which all groups participate, e.g., the Breakthroughs in Medicine series. Of course, depending upon demand and other limitations, not every Friend will be invited to every event.
What are the benefits of joining?
The benefits of joining are numerous, including:
- Direct access to Hackensack University Medical Center, its physicians, and resources;
- Participation in programs, demonstrations, lectures, and events; and
- Inclusion in the Hackensack University Medical Center family
How can I get more information?
For any additional questions, please contact Maureen McLaughlin at Maureen.Mclaughlin@hmhn.org.