Since 1902, Raritan Bay Medical Center has been a provider of quality compassionate care to the men, women and children in Central New Jersey. Today, we continue that high level of care, offering a total of 501 beds at our Perth Amboy and Old Bridge facilities. A medical staff of more than 500 physicians and specialists and a nationally-recognized nursing and ancillary staff of 1,700 provide medical-surgical, maternity, pediatric, general and critical care, stroke, behavioral health and emergency services.
We have always taken pride in the care that we deliver. In 1986, we started expressing this passion with the mantra, “Pride in Caring.” And, while this philosophy is at the core of all that we do, it has evolved over the years, and, in 2005, we introduced a new vision. To us, everyday is another opportunity to advance the level of care in our community. To expand our services with the latest technologies. To deepen our commitment to providing the very best medical care with the utmost compassion. We are advancing care. Every day.
- Four-time National Magnet Recognition Hospital for Nursing Excellence
- Joint Commission accredited
- New Jersey Department of Health designated Primary Stroke Center, recognizing optimal emergency treatment of stroke patients
- Earned The Joint Commission’s Gold Seal of Approval and the American Heart Association/ American Stroke Association’s Heart-Check Mark for Advanced Certification for Primary Stroke Centers
- Recipient of the American Heart Association’s Mission: Lifeline Emergency Medical Services Gold Plus Award for implementing quality improvement measures for the treatment of patients who experience severe heart attacks
- Accredited Comprehensive Bariatric Surgery Center by the American Society for Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery
- Recognized at the Platinum level by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services Health Resources and Services Administration for promoting enrollment in state organ donor registries
- Recognized by U.S. News & World Report in 2019 as high-performing in COPD, Heart Failure, Nephrology and Orthopedics
- Accredited by the Intersocietal Accreditation Commission in nuclear cardiology and adult echocardiography
- Recipient of the American Heart Association/American Stroke Association’s Get With The Guidelines-Stroke Gold Plus Quality Achievement Award and the Target: Stroke Honor Roll Award, recognized high-quality stroke care
“Our team works in concert to meet the changing needs of our growing community – from emergency services and pediatric care to monitoring chronic conditions and providing state-of-the-art surgery, treatment and rehabilitation. We orchestrate care that helps every member of our community get better and live healthier.” - William DiStanislao, Interim President, Chief Hospital Executive