How Our Maternity Services Keep Getting Better
Personalized Pregnancy and Childbirth PlanAt Hackensack Meridian Health, we take the time to understand your unique needs, preferences and goals, to ensure a healthy pregnancy and safe delivery. You have a whole team caring for you and your baby during and after your pregnancy. We also support your emotional and social well-being. We are designated as “baby friendly” by Baby-Friendly USA. This means we support informed decisions about infant feeding, promote bonding after birth and offer lactation support during and after your hospital stay.
Delivering Expert Care for You and Your Baby
Hackensack Meridian Health delivers more babies each year than any other health care network in New Jersey.
We have specialized programs for high-risk pregnancies and babies.
Neonatal intensive care units (NICU) offer specialized treatments for babies born prematurely or with a serious medical condition.
We perform the most surgeries in the nation for high-risk placenta accreta and other placental problems, all with excellent outcomes.
Award Winning Maternity Services
At Hackensack Meridian Health, our network of hospitals are nationally recognized for high standards of Maternity Care. Here are just a few recent awards we’ve received:
- High Performing for Maternity Care by U.S. News + World Report (2022-2023) - Hackensack University Medical Center, Jersey Shore University Medical Center, Ocean University Medical Center, Palisades Medical Center, Riverview Medical Center, Raritan Bay Medical Center, Southern Ocean Medical Center
- Top Maternity Hospital by Newsweek (2022, 2021, 2020) - Ocean University Medical Center
- Certified Baby Friendly USA - JFK University Medical Center, Jersey Shore University Medical Center (The only hospital in Monmouth and Ocean counties with this designation)
- The Joint Commission’s Gold Seal of Approval® for Advanced Certification in Perinatal Care (ACPC) - Hackensack University Medical Center is the first hospital in the nation to receive this designation.
- Best Hospitals for Maternity Care by Leapfrog Group - Ocean University Medical Center, Palisades Medical Center, Raritan Bay Medical Center
- Healthgrades 5 Star for C-Section Delivery
- Hackensack University Medical Center (2022, 2021, 2020)
- Palisades Medical Center (2022, 2021, 2020)
- Ocean University Medical Center (2022, 2021, 2020)
- Riverview Medical Center (2022, 2021, 2020)
- Mountainside Medical Center (2022)
- Pascack Valley Medical Center (2022, 2020)
- Healthgrades 5 Star for Vaginal Delivery
- Raritan Bay Medical Center (2022, 2021, 2020)
- JFK University Medical Center (2022, 2021)
Ocean University Medical Center (2020 & 2021) and Jersey Shore University Medical Center (2020) are rated among Newsweek’s Best Maternity Hospitals in the country. JFK University Medical Center is recognized by Healthgrades for excellence in Labor and Delivery and Obstetrics and Gynecology.
We are proud to offer personal, experienced obstetric and gynecological care to the women of our community.