Applying to Our Program
Ocean University Medical Center’s Transitional Year Residency Program is fully accredited by the ACGME and accepts 12 residents annually.
The program participates in the National Residency Matching Program (NRMP) and the Electronic Residency Applications Service (ERAS) application system. You may find the program by entering the program number 9993300245 into ERAS.
Applications will only be accepted electronically through ERAS. All applicants should have completed and passed Step 1 and 2 of the USMLE/COMLEX in order to be considered for an interview.
In addition, the following are required to be present for each application to be considered complete:
- Medical school transcript
- Curriculum vitae
- Copy of medical school diploma (if graduated)
- Date of graduation–no requirement but prefer within the past 3 years and must be accompanied by documentation of all activities since date of medical school graduation
- Three letters of recommendation
- Copies of USMLE/COMLEX scores – we do prefer candidates who have passed the USMLE/COMLEX Step 1 and Step 2 exams on the first attempt
- Personal statement