Offering a full range of advance urologic care.
More than 40 urologists with specialty and subspecialty training.
Hackensack University Medical Center consistently ranks among the top hospitals in the nation thanks to an unwavering commitment to innovation and highly-specialized care delivery. More than 40 urologists, many with advanced fellowship training, specialize in a complete range of urologic disciplines, including urologic oncology, infertility, stone disease, pelvic floor and reconstructive surgery, sexual dysfunction, female urology, and pediatric urology.
Our advanced treatment technologies include:
- The da Vinci SP® single port robotic system to perform complex surgical procedures through a one-inch incision
- The Dornier 3 Delta Shockwave Lithotripsy for kidney stones, uses X-rays and Ultrasound to locate stones and sound wave to break them up to be passed through the urinary tract
- The LithoVue™ Single-Use Digital Flexible Ureteroscope (first in New Jersey and one of the only hospitals worldwide using this technology)
- The Lumenis® Holmium Moses Laser to treat kidney stones
- UroNav MRI/ultrasound fusion-guided biopsy technology to identify suspicious tissue and guide biopsy needles to the exact area.
- 3D pre-operative Imaging lab
- Outpatient percutaneous lithotripsy
Our specialties and subspecialties have been awarded with 24 Gold Seals of Approval™ by the Joint Commission – more than any other hospital in the country. The Department of Urology also has received two disease specific certifications for the Joint Commission for kidney and prostate cancer.