Behavioral Health Facility
530 New Brunswick Ave
Perth Amboy, NJ 08861
Carrier Behavioral Health at Raritan Bay Medical Center
Welcome to Carrier Behavioral Health At Raritan Bay Medical Center, located in Perth Amboy, NJ. We are a regional hub of the nationally recognized Hackensack Meridian Carrier Clinic. The Behavioral Health program at Raritan Bay Medical Center is the first in the Hackensack Meridian Health network to receive the Carrier Behavioral Health designation.
This achievement represents a true clinical and cultural collaboration to deliver the exceptional standards of care, service and patient experience that have defined Carrier Clinic’s 100+ year tradition and national recognition for excellence in behavioral health care.
Our philosophy of care is based on the Carrier Clinic model, where specialized units are vital to providing the best care to each patient in the most appropriate and supportive setting.
Our expansion includes individualized programs and units for adults, older adults, and those needing care for both mental health and substance use disorder diagnoses (referred to as dual-diagnoses).
Carrier Behavior Health at RBMC is a teaching and training site for medical students, general psychiatry residents, geriatric psychiatry fellows and addiction medicine fellows, through our affiliation with various Hackensack Meridian Health academic programs.
Services we provide include:
- Emergency Crisis Stabilization: Care for patients experiencing acute psychiatric episodes or behavioral health emergencies.
- Inpatient Adult Psychiatric: Care for patients requiring admission for observation and treatment.
- Geriatric Psychiatric specialized unit: Care for older adults requiring admission for observation and treatment.
- Dual-Diagnosis Adult specialized unit: Care for patients diagnosed with both substance use disorder and psychiatric illness.
- Electroconvulsive Therapy (ECT): Care in our modern neuromodulation suite for patients with severe and treatment-resistant conditions including: Major Depressive Disorders, catatonia, psychosis, schizophrenia, mood disorders, Bipolar Disorder, and other conditions.
A Uniquely Healing Environment by Design
Our holistic approach encompasses particular attention to details like color, texture, art and natural light to create a unique therapeutic environment for healing and comfort.
Our brand-new, modern facility represents an investment of over $20 million in a comprehensive renovation and expansion to provide greater access to care for local and regional communities.
Our Expansion Includes:
- A healing space featuring inspirational artwork, modern decor, large-screen TVs in every room, and an abundance of natural light from oversized windows, including a relaxing Sun Room.
- Every detail was designed to create a uniquely tranquil, comfortable, and safe environment for patients, visitors, and team members.
- Lounges and meeting rooms for patients and family to visit, and large communal areas to gather.
View our Carrier Behavioral Health Unit
Our Services and Programs
Adult Inpatient Services
When mental illness or crisis situations require hospitalization, our inpatient acute psychiatric unit provides comprehensive treatment. Our unit accepts both voluntary and involuntary patients.
Specialized services and groups offered by our multidisciplinary team include medication education, spirituality, yoga, coping, and stress management skills.
Emergency Crisis Stabilization Services
Our experienced crisis counselors and trained psychiatric nurses are available 24 hours a day for psychiatric emergencies and onsite evaluation of both adults and children. Through consultation with our psychiatrists, we can make immediate treatment recommendations to resolve the crisis situation and refer to an appropriate level of care. We have two locations within our emergency departments serving the Perth Amboy and Old Bridge communities.
Raritan Bay Medical Center
530 New Brunswick Avenue
Perth Amboy, NJ 08861
Old Bridge Medical Center
1 Hospital Plaza
Old Bridge, NJ 08857