Geriatric Medicine Research
An Integrated Team Approach to Research
The David and Alice Jurist Institute for Research at Hackensack University Medical Center is a state-of-the-art facility dedicated to cutting-edge medical research.
Our geriatric specialists take an integrated team approach to research and work closely with other medical specialists. They are leaders in their field and have conducted extensive research on cognitive conditions, trauma and medication management in older adults. Through studies and presentations, our experts are continuously working to develop and implement new procedures and protocols that can improve geriatric care throughout the country.
To schedule an appointment or to learn more, please call 551-996-1140.
- Clinical Trial Will Test Medication for Treatment of Alzheimer’s-Related Agitation
- Hackensack University Medical Center Participating in Clinical Trial for Investigational Alzheimer’s Disease Medication
- Hackensack University Medical Center Will Participate in Nationwide Study of Amyloid PET in Patients with Mild Dementia or Cognitive Impairment
Our specialists participate in ground-breaking research, including:
- Understanding Voice-Motor Control in Neurological Disease (joint study with Seton Hall University, 2016–present);
- IDEAS: Imaging Dementia-Evidence for Amyloid Scanning;
- Geriatric Consultation In Trauma Patients Reduces High Risk Medication Usage At Discharge (2016)
- Delirium: Confusion Assessment Method (CAM) Compliance in Adult Patients (2016–present)
Our experienced geriatric medicine specialists are experts in addressing the diverse healthcare needs of seniors and older adults, in a variety of settings.