Leading the way in providing quality care for more than 100 years.Located in Neptune, NJ, Hackensack Meridian Jersey Shore University Medical Center is a leading academic medical center and the only Level I Adult and Level II Pediatric Trauma Center in Monmouth and Ocean counties. With more than 1,200 physicians in 60 specialty areas, Jersey Shore University Medical Center’s team provides high-quality care in a patient-centered environment. Also located on the Jersey Shore campus is HOPE Tower - a 10-story medical office building providing a healing outpatient experience. Guided by a patient-centered approach toward care, and informed by the latest medical breakthroughs, HOPE Tower includes advanced imaging services, a clinical academic center, specialty physician offices, and a cancer center.
- Ranked by U.S. News & World Report in 2023-2024 as the #6 hospital in New Jersey, nationally recognized for High Performing Orthopedics and Pulmonology & Lung Surgery programs, and High Performing for nine areas of care, including aortic valve surgery; heart attack; heart bypass surgery; heart failure; stroke; leukemia, lymphoma and myeloma; lung cancer surgery; diabetes and kidney failure
- Home to K. Hovnanian Children’s Hospital, the #1 Children’s Hospital in New Jersey, according to U.S. News & World Report. The hospital, along with Joseph M. Sanzari Children’s Hospital, is nationally ranked in four specialties, including pediatric cancer, pediatric nephrology, pediatric neurology & neurosurgery, and pediatric urology.
- Received five consecutive ‘A’ Grades for patient safety from The Leapfrog Group, as of Spring 2023
- Named by Healthgrades as one of America’s 250 Best Hospitals for three years in a row (among the top 5% of hospitals in the nation); named a Top 100 Best Hospital in several areas, including Cardiac Care, Stroke Care, Gastrointestinal Care and Gastrointestinal Surgery; recognized with Excellence Awards for Cardiac Surgery, Neurosciences, Cranial Neurosurgery and Critical Care
- Recognized nationally as a Best Maternity Care Hospital by Newsweek and a High Performing hospital for maternity care by U.S. News & World Report
- Received Magnet Recognition, six times, from the ANCC
- Received the Top 25 Environmental Excellence Award from Practice Greenhealth
“We’re proud to be recognized as one of the 250 best hospitals in the nation by Healthgrades as well as one of New Jersey’s top hospitals, as ranked by U.S. News & World Report. It’s truly our privilege and an honor to care for our community by providing accessible, affordable high-quality treatment and compassionate care whenever and wherever our neighbors need it.”
- Vito Buccellato, President and Chief Hospital Executive
Patient Actor Program
Would you like to make an impact on how our physicians in training provide care to the community? Hackensack Meridian Jersey Shore University Medical Center is encouraging members of the community to enroll in the Patient Actor Program.