We Can Help You Return to Your Life After Cancer TreatmentOur cancer rehabilitation team partners with patients and their oncologists to help patients recover during or after cancer treatment. Our program is tailored to meet each patient’s individual needs and goals, which may include:
- Education, support and caregiver training
- Improving balance, posture and gait
- Improving communication or swallowing
- Increasing endurance
- Increasing independence at home and in the community
- Maintaining range of motion and strength
- Managing pain and symptoms of treatment (such as neuropathy, or abnormal sensations in your hands or feet)
- Reducing stress and learning coping mechanisms
When to Seek Cancer RehabilitationWe offer specialized rehabilitation for patients with these conditions:
- Balance problems
- Bowel and bladder incontinence
- Cognitive decline
- Difficulty walking
- Pelvic floor problems
- Postural changes
- Sexual dysfunction
- Speech problems
- Swallowing problems
Treatment Options for Cancer RehabilitationWe offer a full range of inpatient and outpatient services designed to address physical, cognitive and emotional needs during and after cancer treatment. Our services include:
- Brain tumor rehabilitation: We offer specialized rehabilitation for patients who have been treated for brain tumors.
- Head and neck cancer rehabilitation: Our team addresses the unique needs of patients who are recovering after head and neck cancer treatment to address problems with speech, swallowing, balance/dizziness and more.
- Homecare and hospice: Patients who are receiving home and hospice care can access our rehabilitation services.
- Nutritional counseling: Our registered dietitians provide information on healthy eating tailored to each patient’s condition, lifestyle, cultural needs and preferences.
- Physical and occupational therapy: Our skilled therapists help patients return to optimal functioning and independence.
- Psychological support and counseling: We assist patients with the emotional and mental health aspects of survivorship.
- Spinal cord injury rehabilitation: We help patients recover after treatment for spinal cord tumors.
Why Choose Hackensack Meridian Health for Rehabilitation Services
JFK Johnson Rehabilitation Institute is nationally-ranked as a Top Rehabilitation Hospital in the Country by U.S. News & World Report and The Center for Brain Injuries at JFK Johnson Rehabilitation Institute is named as just one of 16 Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI) Model System Sites in the nation for the treatment of brain injuries.
Groundbreaking clinical trials: The experts at JFK Johnson Rehabilitation Institute are implementing groundbreaking clinical trials and research in stroke rehabilitation poised to change the way care for stroke patients.
Nationally certified for quality treatment and care: Our rehabilitation facilities are licensed by the State of New Jersey and accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities (CARF) and Joint Commission, meaning we’ve met rigorous quality standards in all areas of our operations and patient care. Learn more about CARF Accreditation.
Our cancer rehabilitation team partners with patients and their oncologists to help patients recover during or after cancer treatment.
Find a Location for Cancer Rehabilitation
- Aftercare Rehabilitation
- Amputee Rehabilitation
- Balance, Dizziness & Vestibular Rehabilitation
- Brain Injury Rehabilitation
- Cancer Rehabilitation
- Cardiac Rehabilitation
- Cognitive Rehabilitation
- Concussion Rehabilitation
- Driver Rehabilitation Program
- Electrodiagnostic Medicine
- Hearing Loss and Audiology
- Neurological Rehabilitation Services
- Occupational Therapy
- Orthopedic Injury or Surgery Rehabilitation
- Parkinson's Disease Rehabilitation
- Pediatric Rehabilitation
- Pelvic Floor Rehabilitation
- Physical Therapy
- Post-COVID Rehabilitation
- Pulmonary Rehabilitation
- Spasticity Rehabilitation
- Speech Therapy
- Spinal Cord Rehabilitation
- Sports Injuries and Pain Rehabilitation
- Stroke Rehabilitation
- Vision Therapy
- Vocational Rehabilitation
- You and Me Autism Program