Massage Therapy treats the muscles and soft tissues of the body to enhance health and healing and promote relaxation. Massage can complement conventional medical treatment for many conditions.
Massage Therapy plays an important role in maintaining health and is much more than a luxury. Anyone and everyone can benefit from regularly scheduled massage therapy. Benefits range from lowering stress levels to decreasing pain.
What Is the Difference Between Therapeutic Massage and Swedish Massage?
Therapeutic Massage describes any type of massage modality that helps relieve pain on a specific problem area. Varying degrees of pressure and massage techniques are used to address the patients’ individual needs.
Swedish Massage is known as the classic style of massage. Five basic strokes are used (effleurage, petrissage, friction, tapotement and vibration) to encourage relaxation, rehabilitation or health maintenance.
Our Licensed Massage Therapists use a customized combination of these and other techniques to accommodate your individual needs.
What Are the Benefits of Massage Therapy?
Massage Therapy calms your mind, relaxes your body, and restores balance for your mental and physical well-being. Massage can help to:
- Manage and decrease pain
- Reduce stress and anxiety
- Decrease muscle tension
- Lower blood pressure and heart rate
- Increase circulation & blood flow to bring oxygen to tight muscles
- Improve sleep and mood
- Encourage relaxation
- Increase the “feel good” chemicals (i.e, endorphins)
- Relax tense and tight muscles
- Prevent muscles from weakening
- Relieve headaches and migraines
- Relieve side effects of cancer treatment
- Relieve respiratory issues
- Improve range of motion
- Aid in sports training