August 19, 2020
Serves 6, plus leftovers
1 pound wagon wheel pasta
3 tablespoons olive oil
3 tablespoons garlic, thinly sliced
½ teaspoon kosher salt
1 teaspoon crushed red pepper
1 pound spinach, frozen (defrosted)
½ cup Parmesan cheese
2 tablespoons pine nuts, toasted
- Cook the pasta according to the package, until al dente (firm, not limp).
- While the pasta is cooking, heat the olive oil at medium heat in a large skillet. Add the garlic, salt and crushed red pepper. Cook until the garlic starts to turn golden, about 3 minutes.
- Add the spinach and combine until heated throughout.
- Meanwhile, drain the pasta, reserving 1 cup of the cooking liquid. Put the hot liquid into the pan, add the drained pasta, stir to combine. Top with Parmesan and pine nuts.
Helpful hint: Use chopped walnuts if pine nuts aren’t available. Lemon can be zested on top. Don’t have wagon wheel pasta? Substitute your favorite.
Next Steps & Resources:
- More recipes and tips for healthy eating
- How to avoid overeating when working from home
- How to order food delivery safely
The material provided through HealthU is intended to be used as general information only and should not replace the advice of your physician. Always consult your physician for individual care.