October 23, 2020
2 medium sweet potatoes
1 small sweet onion, thinly sliced
4 garlic cloves, crushed
4 cups kale leaves, chopped (stems removed)
½ cup golden, seedless raisins
1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
½ tablespoon honey
½ tablespoon port or other dessert wine
¼ teaspoon toasted sesame oil
If you’re not a fan of kale, use Swiss chard or hardy spinach instead.
220 calories, 3g protein, 38g carbohydrate (4g fiber), 7g fat (1g sat, 6g mono/poly), 35mg sodium
- Heat oven to 400° F. Peel and chop potatoes into 1-inch cubes and roast for 20 minutes until tender and just barely brown.
- In a lightly oiled skillet over medium heat, sauté onions and garlic. Cook until onions are softened and garlic is fragrant, about 5 minutes.
- Turn heat to low and add all dressing ingredients to the pan. Heat and stir until honey liquefies.
- Add kale to skillet, and lightly sauté until kale starts to wilt, about
- In a large bowl, combine contents of skillet and sweet Toss, top with raisins and serve warm.
Next Steps & Resources:
- Find more recipes and tips for healthy eating
- How to avoid overeating while working from home
- How to order food delivery safely
The material provided through HealthU is intended to be used as general information only and should not replace the advice of your physician. Always consult your physician for individual care.