Recipe: Beef Tacos
June 06, 2022
Tacos are a welcomed addition to any day of the week. Our executive chef at Palisades Medical Center, Aneesah Cox, shared this beef tacos recipe that is a team member favorite.
Ingredients for the Meat
3 pounds ground beef (12 cups ground beef)
1 large onion (1 cup diced)
8 cloves of garlic, minced (1 head of garlic)
3 tablespoons olive oil (1.5 ounces)
6 teaspoons chili powder (1 ounce)
6 teaspoons cumin (1 ounce)
1 ½ teaspoons garlic powder
1 ½ teaspoons salt
1 ½ teaspoons pepper
6 tablespoons tomato paste (3 ounces)
1 ½ cups salsa picante sauce (12 ounces)
1 cup water (8 ounces)
Ingredients for Assembling Each Taco
1 taco shell
½ cup ground beef mixture (4 ounce)
1 tablespoon shredded lettuce
1 teaspoon diced tomatoes
1 teaspoon shredded cheese
1 teaspoon guacamole
1 teaspoon sour cream
1 teaspoon salsa
Level of difficulty: Easy
Yields: 20 servings
Total time: 25 minutes
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil, ground beef, onion and garlic over medium heat for eight to 10 minutes or until beef is cooked, stirring frequently.
- Stir in chili powder, cumin, garlic powder, salt, pepper, tomato paste and picante sauce, then add water. Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Place taco shells on a cookie sheet. Heat at 250 degrees for five minutes.
- To assemble tacos: layer beef mixture, cheese, lettuce and tomatoes in each taco shell. Serve with salsa, sour cream and guacamole.
Next Steps & Resources:
- Recipe shared by executive chef Aneesah Cox at Palisades Medical Center
The material provided through HealthU is intended to be used as general information only and should not replace the advice of your physician. Always consult your physician for individual care.
Recipe: Mixed Berry Spinach Salad with Honey Balsamic Vinaigrette
Sweet and refreshing, this mixed berry salad only takes a few minutes to prepare. It is the perfect side, or add your choice of protein, to make this your main dish.
Recipe: Pink Angelic Eggs
Mix things up this Easter. Instead of the traditional method of dying hard boiled eggs, try this alternative using beets to achieve a hot pink colored egg white and deviled egg chick!