Life as a Hackensack Meridian Children’s Health Fellow
Today, Hackensack Meridian Health stands as one of the largest, most comprehensive networks in New Jersey, combining academics and research with an extensive continuum of care. We are renowned for our world-class quality, respect for our expert physicians, and admired for our commitment to our communities. As a highly awarded hospital network, Hackensack Meridian Health has been awarded in the top 150 places to work in health care. Our team member page walks through the many amazing benefits of being a part of the Hackensack Meridian Health Family. Conveniently located near many major highways and public transportation options, Joseph M. Sanzari Children’s Hospital is located in northern New Jersey and is a short ride from the Hoboken and Jersey City waterfront on this side of the Hudson, and a quick trip to Manhattan.
As a travel gateway, the New Jersey/New York Metropolitan area is easily accessible to major transportation hubs and international airports for convenient travel.
Our location offers endless options for experiencing cultural activities, concerts, theater, nightlife, and cuisine. Surrounded by suburbs with excellent school systems, Joseph M. Sanzari Children’s Hospital is also close to expansive parks, lakes, outdoor activities, and shopping malls and is an hour’s drive to the Jersey Shore.
Located near the children’s hospital is HackensackUMC Fitness & Wellness, an expansive fitness center complete with a large selection of state-of-the-art cardio equipment with personal viewing screens. A Sports Performance Center features a turf field, sprint track, sports-specific resistance training equipment, and specialized programs for teams and individuals. Over 170 group fitness classes take place weekly including LesMills, Zumba®, Pilates Reformer, Pilates Barre, aqua, yoga, and cycling.
- Full service, state-designated Children’s Hospital
- First neonatal ICU in the state of NJ to earn Disease Specific Care (DSC) certification in prematurity
- One of the top 50 Children’s Hospitals for pediatric cancer, pediatric neurology, and pediatric neurosurgery nationwide, ranked by U.S. News & World Report
- 100+ full-time faculty in general pediatrics and all pediatric medical and surgical subspecialties
- 30 pediatric subspecialties
- 48-bed Regional Perinatal Center
- 15-bed Pediatric Intensive Care Unit (PICU)
- 28-bed General Pediatric Unit
- 16-bed Hematology/Oncology Unit
- 6-bed Epilepsy Monitoring inpatient units