Application ProcessThank you for your interest in pursuing an Internal Medicine or Preliminary Medicine Residency position at Jersey Shore University Medical Center.
Applicants are urged to submit their completed applications early in September when ERAS opens. This ensures prompt review of their applications and facilitates early correspondence for those candidates selected to interview with our program.
The ERAS website can be accessed at www.aamc.org/eras.
Our residency program application requirements are:
- USMLE scores for Steps I and/or II; COMLEX scores for Steps 1 and/or II
- All premedical requirements (3 credits each for physics, chemistry, and biology).
- Satisfactory completion of clinical clerkships of at least 4 week duration in each (internal medicine, surgery, obstetrics and gynecology, pediatrics, and psychiatry). Foreign graduates can use their Rotating Internship Certificate as verification.
- Identification of US Citizenship or Permanent Residence Status. We do not accept H1b visas. We do accept J1 visas.
- Deadline for application acceptance is December 1.
Competitive applicants are invited for a mandatory interview that also provides an opportunity to meet our faculty, our residents and to attend Morning Report. All applicants are considered regardless of age, gender, race, religion, place of origin, marital status, parental status, disability or any other factor.