Applying to Our Surgery Concentration Program
Thank You For Your Interest In Pursuing A General Surgery Residency Position At Jersey Shore University Medical Center.
Residency program applications will be accepted and reviewed only via ERAS (Electronic Residency Application Service). Applications will be accepted beginning in September for the Match that takes place the following March.
Applicants are urged to submit their completed applications early in September when ERAS opens. This ensures prompt review of their applications and facilitates early correspondence for those candidates selected to interview with our program.
The ERAS website can be accessed at www.aamc.org/eras.
Our residency program application requirements are:
- USMLE score of 220 and above on both Steps I and II; COMLEX score of 500 and above on both Steps 1 and II.
- All premedical requirements (3 credits each for physics, chemistry, and biology).
- Satisfactory completion of clinical clerkships of at least 4 week duration in each (internal medicine, surgery, obstetrics and gynecology, pediatrics, and psychiatry). Foreign graduates can use their Rotating Internship Certificate as verification.
- Identification of US Citizenship or Permanent Residence Status. We do not accept J1 and H1b visas.
- Deadline for application acceptance is November 1.
Competitive applicants are invited for a mandatory interview that also provides an opportunity meet our faculty, our residents and to attend an M&M Meeting. All applicants are considered regardless of age, gender, race, religion, place of origin, marital status, parental status, disability or any other factor.