HMH - General and Vascular Surgery - Shrewsbury
Providing exceptional general and vascular surgical care tailored to your unique needs.
Welcome to our General and Vascular Surgery Practice!
At Hackensack Meridian Medical Group - General and Vascular Surgery, we are dedicated to providing exceptional surgical care to our patients. Known to many in the community as Shrewsbury Surgical, our physicians each have more than 20 years of experience performing surgery. With privileges at both Riverview Medical Center and Bayshore Medical Center, we utilize a host of advanced technologies to perform traditional and minimally invasive surgeries.
Our general surgery services encompass a wide range of procedures, including but not limited to: minimally invasive surgery, hernia repair, gallbladder surgery, appendix removal and gastrointestinal surgery such as intestinal obstructions, diverticulitis, and colorectal disorder.
In the area of vascular surgery, we focus on the diagnosis and treatment of diseases affecting the blood vessels which can include arterial disease, venous disease, dialysis access, thoracic outlet sydrome and vascular trauma.
At our practice, we prioritize your well-being and strive to create a comfortable and supportive environment. Our surgeons take the time to listen to your concerns, thoroughly explain your diagnosis and treatment options, and collaborate with you to develop a personalized surgical plan that best meets your needs. We are committed to ensuring our patients receive compassionate care, excellent communication, and comprehensive follow-up to optimize your recovery and achieve the best possible outcomes.
General surgical diseases and disorders:
- Skin tumors/wounds
- Abdominal hernias
- Abdominal tumors (abdominal wall retroperitoneum)
- Hemorrhagic, infectious, inflammatory, neoplastic and obstructive disorders of the alimentary tract (stomach duodenum, small intestine, colon, appendix and rectum) and hepatobiliary/pancreatic tract
Minimally invasive procedures
- Gastric tumor resection
- Distal pancreatectomy
- Peripheral liver resection
- Liver cyst/abscess drainage
- Enterolysis for obstruction
- Colorectal resection
- Trans-anal tumor excision
- Trans-anal resection for rectal prolapse
Vascular diseases and disorders:
- Carotid arteries (stroke prevention)
- Visceral arteries (intestinal/renal ischemia)
- Infrarenal aorta (pelvic/limb ischemia)
- Iliac/extremity arteries (pelvic/limb ischemia)
Aneurysmal disease of the:
- Infrarenal aorta
- Iliac arteries
- Visceral arteries
- Extremity arteries
- Chronic occlusion
- Chronic insufficiency
- Varicose veins
Open, hybrid and percutaneous interventions, including:
- Endovascular repair of infrarenal aortic aneurysms
- Percutaneous thrombolysis (arterial and venous)
- Stent and IVC filter placement
- Dialysis access