HMH Adult Infectious Diseases - Neptune
Infectious diseases are those that can be transmitted from one person to another. While your primary care physician can manage many infections, a consultation with an infectious disease specialist may be appropriate when the diagnosis is unknown, when the infection is severe or uncommon, or when issues of antibiotic intolerance or resistance complicate treatments.
Our care team sees complicated infectious diseases at Jersey Shore University Medical Center consulting on adult medical, surgical, oncology, orthopedic and obstetrics/gynecology patients. Additionally, we teach medical students at the Hackensack Meridian School of Medicine and internal medicine residents at Jersey Shore University Medical Center.
Our infectious disease physicians provide comprehensive, compassionate care.
We treat a number of complex infectious diseases, including:
- Antibiotic resistant infections
- C. diff colitis
- Diabetic foot infections
- Fevers of unknown etiology
- Hepatitis B and C
- HIV/AIDS both in our Hope Tower Office as well as our A-team Clinic on 1828 West Lake Ave., Neptune
- HIV PREP
- Infectious diarrhea
- Lyme Disease and tick-borne infections
- Medical vaccinations
- Meningitis or encephalitis
- MRSA infections
- Recurrent infections such as UTIs, cellulitis
- Sexually transmitted infections
- Travel vaccinations
- Urinary tract infections
- Wound infections