HMH - Integrative Health and Medicine - Red Bank
Our program focuses on the whole person—body, mind and spirit.Through personalized care, integrative health and medicine goes beyond solely treating symptoms of an illness or managing chronic disease. It seeks to optimize health over one’s lifespan addressing the unique circumstances of the individual through appropriate interventions from an array of scientific disciplines to help people regain and promote optimal health.
We approach care and service from our five pillars of health and well-being:
- Sleep: Quality and quantity of sleep is essential for the body and brain to heal, repair, and prepare for the next day. Sleeping disorders or not getting enough sleep can lead to many chronic illnesses such as heart disease and diabetes.
- Activity: Physical activity is fundamental to the circulatory and respiratory systems and produces bio-chemicals such as endorphins that promote positive emotions and brain functions.
- Purpose: A sense of purpose is that which gives meaning to one’s life. Having a reason to get up in the morning adds not only years to your life, but also life to your years.
- Nutrition: Food is the fuel by which our mind and body function. Proper nourishment helps to keep people sustained through life’s challenges.
- Resilience: The ability to “bounce back” and adapt to adversity are the skills needed to respond to stress in order to thrive versus survive.
We recommend an initial consultation with our integrative medicine care team to provide a comprehensive assessment of your current medical and health concerns to ensure your total body health is taken into consideration.
Patients may receive the following therapies:
- Integrative nurse consultation
- Aromatherapist consultation
- Energy healing, including reiki and healing touch: Gentle and effective energy practices promoting healing as the practitioner uses light touch, or without touch, to bring balance and comfort, promote relaxation, ease pain and improve sleep. This helps strengthen the immune system and supports overall health and well-being.
- Movement therapy, including tai chi and qigong: A system of gentle exercises practiced slowly and evenly to improve overall fitness, balance, and agility, and increases energy flow. These exercises can be enjoyed by all, regardless of age or fitness level.
- Massage: Practitioners specialize in rejuvenating massage, Swedish massage, sports massage and other techniques which can relieve tension, restore function and alleviate pain.
- Guided imagery: A technique that uses CDs or a practitioner to direct the imagination toward a peaceful state using the breath, images, and words. Very effective in promoting relaxation and pain relief. Music and meditation CDs and CD players with disposable earphones are available by request.
- Reflexology: A system of applying pressure and massage to various points on the hands and feet to relieve pain and stress while restoring the body’s natural balance and well-being.
- Breath work