Patient and Visitor Information
Advance directives are documents you create to describe the extent of medical treatment you want to receive—or not to receive—should you become unconscious or too ill to communicate. Though the topic may be difficult to discuss, your wishes are important. We recommend that you discuss advance directives with your spouse, other family members, physicians, nurses, and clerics while you are feeling well and thinking clearly.
Bioethics is the discipline that addresses ethical issues that arise in the health care setting, including those related to life and death, cure and comfort, truth telling and trust reflected in patient care and decision making.
Improving patient care by focusing on key quality and safety indicators is integral to achieving Hackensack Meridian’s overall quality and safety objectives. It is an interdisciplinary, multi-party effort, one that encompasses the entire organization – including physicians, nurses, support staff, administration personnel and board members – all working in partnership to improve the quality and safety of patient care.
Hackensack Meridian Health is committed to providing individuals with disabilities full and equal access to services and treatment. Under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), Hackensack Meridian Health welcomes the use of service animals by any person with a disability.
- Free valet parking is available 8 a.m. to 8:30 p.m. Monday through Friday at the main entrance.
- Self parking is available next to the medical center
- Patients for the Johnson Rehabilitation Institute and the Neuroscience Institute should park in Lot B (the gate lot directly across from the rehabilitation institute.
- Patients for outpatient testing should park in Lot E.
- Pre-admission testing and same day surgery patients can be dropped off and picked up at the admitting entrance. Valet parking also is available from 7 a.m. to 3 p.m. Monday through Friday.
- Emergency department patients should park in the ER parking lot.
- Occupational Health and Family Practice patients should park in Lot G.
- Visitors with special needs should contact 732-321-7568.