About JFK Johnson Rehab
The Leader in Providing Quality Rehabilitation CareJFK Johnson Rehabilitation Institute is nationally-ranked as a Top Rehabilitation Hospital in the Country by U.S. News & World Report. Our 94-bed hospital in Edison, New Jersey, offers the state’s most comprehensive rehabilitation services to restore function and quality of life to those with physical impairments or disabilities. For nearly 50 years, we have provided a complete array of inpatient and outpatient services to help you reach your optimal function and independence.
In addition to the Edison location, Johnson Rehabilitation Institute’s high quality care is available at:
- Johnson Rehabilitation Institute at Ocean University Medical Center - Brick, NJ
- Johnson Rehabilitation Institute at Riverview Medical Center - Red Bank, NJ
- St. Joseph’s Health Acute Rehabilitation Unit (a partnership) - Wayne, NJ
Patients who require an inpatient (hospital-level) stay are cared for by a team of diverse specialists, all under one roof. We are attached to JFK University Medical Center for access to emergency care, neurology, pulmonology, cardiology and other services, if needed. Our experienced social work staff help ensure a safe discharge home or other community setting that would allow you to seamlessly continue your recovery.
Our outpatient team provides one-on-one patient sessions focused on improving your function and giving you the tools you need to progress at home. We conduct evaluations and provide treatment for a variety of conditions and impairments, while also helping patients who were recently discharged from our inpatient program.
JFK Johnson Rehabilitation Institute combines extensive clinical experience with advanced technology and research to help patients experience a higher quality of life. Some of our recent achievements and advancements include:
- Recognition as the 42nd Rehabilitation Hospital in the Country by U.S. News & World Report
- Accreditation by the Joint Commission and Committee on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities (CARF) in the areas of Inpatient Rehabilitation (Adult Program), Stroke Specialty Program (Adult Program), Interdisciplinary Outpatient Medical Rehabilitation (Adult Program), Inpatient and Outpatient Brain Injury Specialty Program (Adult Program), Inpatient and Outpatient Spinal Cord Specialty Program (Adult Program) and Comprehensive Vocational Evaluation Services
- Accreditation by the Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education (ACGME) in the areas of our Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation Residency Program and Brain Injury Medicine and Pain Medicine Fellowship Programs, where we are focused on training the next generation of leaders in physical medicine and rehabilitation
- Receiving national awards on our ground-breaking, revolutionary research to help us prepare to change the lives of stroke patients through rehabilitation