Helena Theurer Pavilion
A New, State-of-the-Art Surgical and Intensive Care Tower
The Helena Theurer Pavilion is a state-of-the-art, nine-story surgical and intensive care tower on the Hackensack University Medical Center campus. The 530,000-square-foot facility is a “smart hospital” — incorporating the latest technology into a modern, thoughtfully designed working environment to provide an enhanced patient, team and physician experience.
The building includes:
- 24 operating rooms
- 72 post-anesthesia care unit beds
- 50 Intensive Care Unit (ICU) beds
- 175 medical/surgical beds including a Musculoskeletal Institute and step-down intermediate care rooms
The operating rooms are used to perform a variety of procedures across numerous surgical specialties, including:
Fast Forward to the Future of Health Care
Patient-and Family-Friendly Features for an Enhanced Inpatient Experience
The pavilion includes all private patient rooms equipped with the latest technology, including:
- A bedside tablet that allows patients to control the lights, shades, TV and room temperature.
- A flat-screen smart TV that has patient education modules and family-friendly video chat capabilities.
- A monitor tablet outside each room that provides patient information for team members.
- In-room workstations for team members.
- In-room patient lift systems to assist with transport and reduce the risk of falls or injuries.
- Dedicated CT imaging on the ICU floor for patients who require frequent advanced imaging
State-of-the-Art Operating Rooms Benefit Patients and ProvidersNew operating rooms are equipped with state-of-the-art features to improve the surgical experience for providers and patients, including:
- Intraoperative MRI capabilities allow for increased surgical innovation.
- 6 advanced da Vinci robotic surgical systems, including one single port system.
- 4 orthopedic robots for joint replacement procedures.
- Large monitors in each Operating Room make it easier for surgeons to see patient images.
- Live streaming capability in all Operating Rooms, promoting education and communication between surgeons.
- Pathology lab located near OR for improved collaboration and time-sensitive care.