Surgical ServicesAt Hackensack Meridian Health, our surgeons are guided by our commitment to providing advanced and appropriate care, delivering the best possible outcomes, and maintaining open communications with you and your family.
Why Choose Hackensack Meridian Health
Hackensack University Medical Center, one of the highest volume robotic general surgery programs in the country, was the first center in New Jersey and the northeast to perform robotic surgery and one of the first in the country.
Our general surgeons are some of the region’s most experienced in ventral hernia repair and complex abdominal wall reconstruction using robotic technology to reinforce surrounding tissues which reduces the chance that the hernia will recur.
Hackensack University Medical Center has been recognized by The American College of Surgeons National Surgical Quality Improvement Program (ACS NSQIP) as one of 52 ACS NSQIP participating hospitals that have achieved meritorious outcomes for surgical patient care.
- Bariatric Surgery
- Breast Surgery
- Cardiac Surgery
- Colorectal Surgery
- General Surgery including GERD, hepatobiliary and other abdominal surgeries
- Organ Transplant
- Pediatric Surgery
- Surgical Oncology
- Trauma & Acute Care Surgery
- Thoracic Surgery
- Vascular Surgery
Surgical Approaches and TechnologyOur surgeons have advanced training and extensive experience using the latest minimally invasive surgical approaches, imaging technology and post-surgical protocols including:
- Laparoscopic surgical approach
- Endoscopic surgical approach
- Robotic technology
- Enhanced Recovery After Surgery (ERAS) protocols: these protocols are used to reduce the length of stay, improve recovery time, and lower the incidence of complications for patients.
- Fluorescence imaging: used to improve the visibility of organs and tissues and assess blood flow during surgery.
Robotic Surgery OptionsAt Hackensack Meridian Health, our surgeons use robotic surgical systems which allows them to use small incisions associated with traditional laparoscopic surgery, but with improved visualization and range of motion. Learn More About Robotic Surgery
Same-Day SurgeryWhile some surgeries require a hospital stay, many surgeries no longer do. Our surgeons offer same-day surgery when appropriate so you spend less time in the hospital and get you one your way to recovery in the comfort of your own home. Hackensack University Medical Center is one of only a few medical centers nationwide with an ambulatory robotic surgery program, allowing us to provide same-day robotic surgical care at our Center for Ambulatory Surgery.
Adult abdominal conditions that can be treated with surgery:
- Hernia surgery
- Groin/inguinal hernia
- Ventral/incisional hernia
- Complex ventral hernias/abdominal wall reconstruction
- Gallbladder and biliary diseases
- Gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD), hiatal hernia
- Bariatric (weight loss) surgery
- Diseases of the colon and rectum
- Colon and rectal cancer
- Diseases of the stomach
- Diseases of the intestines
- Emergency surgery
- Liver surgery
- Pancreas surgery
- Diseases of the spleen
- Endocrine surgery
Urology Expertise Saves College Athlete’s Kidney
After a painful blockage in her ureter, Kali Grayson benefits from robotic surgery to cut out the ureter blockage and restore healthy kidney function.
If you or a loved one needs surgery, our expert surgery team offers the highest level of care to provide you with peace of mind and a successful outcome.