Patient and Visitor Information
Advance directives are documents you create to describe the extent of medical treatment you want to receive—or not to receive—should you become unconscious or too ill to communicate. Though the topic may be difficult to discuss, your wishes are important. We recommend that you discuss advance directives with your spouse, other family members, physicians, nurses, and clerics while you are feeling well and thinking clearly.
Bioethics is the discipline that addresses ethical issues that arise in the health care setting, including those related to life and death, cure and comfort, truth telling and trust reflected in patient care and decision making.
Improving patient care by focusing on key quality and safety indicators is integral to achieving Hackensack Meridian’s overall quality and safety objectives. It is an interdisciplinary, multi-party effort, one that encompasses the entire organization – including physicians, nurses, support staff, administration personnel and board members – all working in partnership to improve the quality and safety of patient care.
Hackensack Meridian Health is committed to providing individuals with disabilities full and equal access to services and treatment. Under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), Hackensack Meridian Health welcomes the use of service animals by any person with a disability.
From the North
- Take the Garden State Parkway South to Exit 91. Bear left after toll. Turn right at traffic light. At next light, turn right onto Burrsville Road. Turn left at next traffic light onto Jack Martin Boulevard. Ocean University Medical Center is approximately ½ mile on your right.
- Take Route 35 South to Route 70 West. Follow Route 70 West to Jack Martin Blvd. (approximately 8 miles.) Turn Right onto Jack Martin Blvd. The parking entrance for Ocean University Medical Center will be on the left.
From the South
- From the South Take the Garden State Parkway North to Exit 91 Burrsville Road. Make a right at the light onto Burrsville Road. At the next light turn left onto Jack Martin Blvd. Ocean University Medical Center is about a half mile ahead on your right.
From the East
- Follow Route 70 West to Jack Martin Blvd. Turn Right onto Jack Martin Blvd. The parking entrance for Ocean University Medical Center will be on the left.
From the West
- Follow Route 70 East to Jack Martin Blvd. Go through light, bear right and use jughandle to turn onto Jack Martin Blvd. Cross over Route 70 and the entrance for Ocean University Medical Center will be on the left.