About Ocean University Medical Center
Serving the communities of southern Monmouth and northern Ocean counties, Ocean University Medical Center is dedicated to providing exceptional health care services with the convenience and accessibility of a community hospital, combined with the expertise of a major medical institution.
In 2021, our commitment to excellence was recognized with the prestigious "University" designation, which acknowledges our exceptional teaching programs and the significant contributions we have made in delivering high-quality, compassionate care to our patients. At Ocean University Medical Center, we take pride in being designated as a Magnet® facility, an accolade that represents one of the highest and most respected distinctions a health care organization can receive for nursing excellence and top-tier patient care. Our exceptional team of nurses consistently upholds the highest standards to ensure the best possible outcomes for our patients.
The Johnson Rehabilitation Institute at Ocean University Medical Center, a 40-acute bed rehabilitation facility, offers comprehensive inpatient and outpatient rehabilitation services on our campus. We are dedicated to helping individuals regain their independence and achieve their highest level of functionality after an injury or illness.
As an accredited Orthopedic program by The Joint Commission, Ocean University Medical Center is a destination where more than 1,000 orthopedic joint replacements are done annually. Ocean University Medical Center is also certified by The Joint Commission as a Primary Stroke program and holds prestigious disease specific designations in joint replacement, stroke, palliative care, colon cancer surgery and sepsis.
Other essential services include advanced imaging technology, robotic, general thoracic and vascular surgery and critical care services. With the completion of the $19.5 million Dr. Robert H. and Mary Ellen Harris Heart and Vascular Center, Ocean University Medical Center provides one of the state’s most advanced centers for heart and vascular diagnosis and treatment.
Our commitment to providing accessible and reliable health care extends beyond the walls of our main campus. We proudly operate Ocean Care Center, a satellite Emergency Care Center in Point Pleasant, ensuring that quality emergency care is available close to home. Additionally, we offer various hospital-based programs at Jackson Health Village to meet the diverse health care needs of our community.
- Recognized by U.S. News & World Report 2023-2024 as a High Performing hospital in colon cancer surgery; knee replacement; leukemia, lymphoma & myeloma; maternity care; and stroke.
- Earned the “A” Leapfrog Hospital Safety Grade in the Spring 2023 Hospital Safety Grade report, recognizing the medical centers’ efforts to protect patients from harm and provide safer health care.
- Received the American College of Cardiology NCDR Chest Pain - MI Registry 2023 Platinum Performance Award
- Received Healthgrades’ 2023 Patient Safety Excellence Award placing us among the top 5 percent of all short-term acute care hospitals reporting patient safety
- Certified by the American College of Cardiology for 2022 HeartCARE designation
- Recognized by The American Heart Association (AHA) for the 2023 Get With The Guidelines Stroke GOLD PLUS with Target: Stroke Honor Roll Elite and the Target: Type 2 Diabetes Honor Roll and the 2023 Get With The Guidelines Heart Failure GOLD PLUS Award
- Recognized by Practice Greenhealth in 2023 as a Top 25 Hospital in the nation for Environmental Excellence