A beacon of medical excellence our residents and visitors can depend on.
Each and every day at Southern Ocean Medical Center, our physicians, nurses, team members and volunteers come together to capture the spirit of compassionate care and medical excellence that has defined our hospital for more than 40 years. It is our way of assuring that we remain true to providing each patient with a remarkable health care experience.
- Ranked by U.S. News & World Report 2023-24 as a High Performing hospital in stroke and maternity care.
- Earned The Joint Commission Gold Seal of Approval® and is also certified by the Joint Commission for stroke and sepsis, a disease-specific care certification which is awarded after an on-site review to assess disease specifics
- Designated an ACS-MBSA QIP Comprehensive Center by the American College of Surgeons as the most comprehensive quality bariatric surgery program in the region
- Achieved its second Magnet® designation, the nation’s highest honor of nursing excellence for quality and safety in patient care
- Received the 2023 American Heart Association’s Get With The Guidelines Gold Plus award for Heart Failure
- Received the 2023 American Heart Association’s Get with the Guidelines® Stroke Gold Plus with Target: Stroke Honor Roll Elite and Target: Type 2 Diabetes Honor Roll
- Recognized as a Center of Excellence in Surgical Safety: Smoke Evacuation facility and a recipient of the AORN Go Clear Award
"At Southern Ocean Medical Center, we treat each patient like family by combining medical technology and expertise with personalized treatment. Our goal is to help every member of our community live a healthier life." - Michele Morrison, RN, MPH, MPH, BSHA, President and Chief Hospital Executive