A beacon of medical excellence our residents and visitors can depend on.
Each and every day at Southern Ocean Medical Center, our physicians, nurses, team members and volunteers come together to capture the spirit of compassionate care and medical excellence that has defined our hospital for more than 40 years. It is our way of assuring that we remain true to providing each patient with a remarkable health care experience.
- Ranked by U.S. News & World Report 2021-22 as High-Performing in heart failure, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), kidney failure and stroke
- Transitional Care Unit (TCU) is among the elite 13% that earned High-Performing ranking in Short-Term Rehabilitation by U.S. News & World Report 2021-22
- Received a four-star rating from the Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services for overall hospital quality
- Earned The Joint Commission Gold Seal of Approval® and is also certified by the Joint Commission for stroke and sepsis, a disease-specific care certification which is awarded after an on-site review to assess disease specifics
- Designated an ACS-MBSA QIP Comprehensive Center by the American College of Surgeons as the most comprehensive quality bariatric surgery program in the region
- Achieved Magnet® status, the nation’s highest honor of nursing excellence for quality and safety in patient care
- Recognized by Practice Greenhealth 2021 with Circles of Excellence Award, which honor the top 10 hospitals nationwide in each sustainability impact area: Emerald Award; Making Medicine Mercury Free Award
- Received the 2021 American Heart Association Get With the Guidelines® - Heart Failure Bronze Award
- Received the 2020 American Heart Association’s Get with the Guidelines® -Stroke Honor Roll Elite and Type 2 Diabetes Honor Roll
"At Southern Ocean Medical Center, we treat each patient like family by combining medical technology and expertise with personalized treatment. Our goal is to help every member of our community live a healthier life." - Michele Morrison, RN, MPH, MPH, BSHA, President and Chief Hospital Executive