Shoulder and Elbow Orthopedic Treatment
A Personalized ApproachOur board-certified specialists are nationally and internationally known clinical and research leaders in orthopedics. Our specialists perform more than 300 surgeries per year with a low rate of complications or infections after surgery. That indicates high-quality shoulder and elbow care from some of the most experienced surgeons in New Jersey. We also offer a comprehensive rehabilitation program that includes acute rehab; sub-acute rehab; home care or outpatient therapy.
We regularly treat problems such as shoulder fractures, shoulder instability, frozen shoulder, tendonitis, rotator cuff tears, SLAP lesions and tennis elbow. We use minimally-invasive procedures whenever possible to reduce shoulder or elbow pain and increase the speed of recovery.
Since many orthopedic problems have more than one treatment option, our surgeons work closely with specialists in other fields to ensure that every patient receives exactly the right kind of treatment for their condition. Our goal is the same as yours — to restore your function and range of motion so you can get back to doing the things you enjoy.
Leaders in Advanced Treatments for Sports Injuries
The board-certified specialists within our Sports Medicine program are highly experienced in diagnosing and treating a wide array of sports injuries, including those to the shoulder, elbow, ankle, knee and hip.
24/7 Advanced Care for all Orthopedic-Related Traumatic Injuries
Our orthopedic trauma team has extensive experience treating fractures and other musculoskeletal injuries such as ligament or tendon tears and joint dislocations.
Every team member is dedicated to providing you with the most advanced treatment available for your injury.
- Hydrotherapy exercises are an effective way to treat shoulder and elbow injuries
- Integrative medicine options, such as massages and acupressure
- Joint injections, when used in combination with rehabilitation therapy, can significantly reduce the need for surgery
- Bone marrow aspirate injections / stem cell treatments
- Joint injections
- Platelet-rich plasma injections
- Physical therapy & rehabilitation with advanced certified therapists
- Arthroscopic labral repair uses a small incision and tiny camera to examine and repair the tissues inside or around your shoulder joint. It’s used to treat SLAP tears, Bankart tears and rotator cuff injuries.
- Arthroscopic elbow surgery uses a small incision and tiny camera to examine and repair the elbow joint, providing faster recovery and less pain, scarring and blood loss.
- Arthroscopic rotator-cuff repair uses a small incision to access and repair damaged muscles and tendons on the shoulder bones.
- Elbow and shoulder biceps tendon repair
- Elbow replacement replaces the ends of the bones that meet at the elbow with an artificial joint made from metal and hard plastic.
- Reverse total shoulder replacement is a specialty of our surgeons for patients experiencing continued discomfort after a previous joint replacement.
- Total shoulder replacement, or Shoulder Arthroplasty, replaces part of the upper-arm bone with a metal stem and ball, and replaces the ball and socket of the shoulder joint.
- Shoulder resurfacing for arthritis
- Tommy John procedure repairs elbow ligaments with tendon grafts from elsewhere in the body.
“My shoulder surgeon, Dr. Siddhant Mehta, was always available to answer my questions and was confident about the care he provided. I followed his advice every step of the way and was back on my bike four weeks after surgery. Now, I’m back to 105 percent!” -Ruben Perez, Union City, N.J.
Recognized for Quality Care
Hackensack University Medical Center is nationally ranked in Orthopedics, and several hospitals are named High Performing in particular Procedures and Conditions by U.S. News & World Report in 2023.
Our Shoulder and Elbow Experts
We have more than 30 shoulder and elbow experts available throughout New Jersey, many of whom are listed in New Jersey’s and New York’s “Top Doctors.”
Why Choose Hackensack Meridian Health
U.S. News & World Report has rated several of our adult orthopedic programs as High Performing in the areas of hip and knee replacement, and Hackensack University Medical Center is nationally ranked in Orthopedics.
Our team of board-certified orthopedic surgeons and support staff were trained at some of the best programs in the country and specialize in the most advanced orthopedic surgeries and treatments available.
Our unique brand of collaborative medicine brings surgical and non-surgical specialists together to provide a spectrum of care that is designed to meet your specific needs and goals.