Physical therapy in New Jersey | Hackensack Meridian Health
We Can Help You Improve Your Mobility and Get Relief from PainHackensack Meridian Health offers a wide range of physical therapy programs to help people of all ages recover from illnesses or injuries that may limit their ability to function and participate in daily life. Our physical therapists work closely with patients, their families and their health care providers to create customized treatment goals, including:
- Living a healthy and active lifestyles
- Preventing disability
- Promoting the ability to move
- Reducing pain
- Regaining confidence
- Restoring function
Treatment Options for Physical TherapyWe offer a full range of services designed to help patients fully participate in everyday activities, including:
- Aquatic rehabilitation: Aquatic therapy helps patients gain mobility and strength in an environment that may be easier than land.
- Amputation rehabilitation: We will work with each patient’s medical treatment team to develop a plan to return them to the highest possible level of function, independence and quality of life.
- Balance and vestibular rehabilitation: We identify the underlying cause of your symptoms and develop a treatment plan to restore your quality of life.
- Brain injury rehabilitation: Our Brain Injury Program offers three levels of care, providing comprehensive treatment for patients in all stages of recovery.
- Cancer rehabilitation: We offer inpatient and outpatient services designed to address physical, cognitive and emotional needs during and after cancer treatment.
- Concussion rehabilitation: Our team can help patients who are experiencing persistent concussion symptoms that interfere with daily life to recover and safely return to school, work, and sports.
- Neuromuscular rehabilitation: Our program includes inpatient, outpatient and home support services, allowing for smooth transitions between levels of care.
- Orthopedic rehabilitation including pain, sports and musculoskeletal care: Our program focuses on nonsurgical rehabilitation that combines education, pain management, physical therapy and therapeutic exercise.
- Lymphedema management: We use exercise, massage and compression to manage complications from lymphedema.
- Parkinson’s disease: We offer a two-week inpatient Parkinson’s Wellness Program and outpatient rehabilitation customized to each patient’s unique needs.
- Pelvic floor muscle rehabilitation: We help improve bladder and bowel function and reduce pain resulting from pelvic floor conditions.
- Phrenic nerve rehabilitation: We work with patients on strengthening their diaphragm and using their rib muscles and neck muscles to help with breathing.
- Spasticity rehabilitation: Our spasticity rehabilitation team can treat spasticity and its symptoms, including tightness, stiffness, pain and spasms resulting in uncontrolled movements.
- Spinal cord injury rehabilitation: We treat patients who have had a complete or incomplete spinal cord injury below the fifth cervical vertebra who are not on a ventilator.
- Splinting and bracing: Splints and braces can help patients perform everyday activities and manage symptoms.
- Stroke rehabilitation: Our stroke program promotes independence, helping patients to live the best and most fulfilling life they can through cognitive, speech, occupational and physical therapy.
Getting Active Again After ACL Surgery
Why Choose Hackensack Meridian Health for Rehabilitation Services
JFK Johnson Rehabilitation Institute is nationally-ranked as a Top Rehabilitation Hospital in the Country by U.S. News & World Report and The Center for Brain Injuries at JFK Johnson Rehabilitation Institute is named as just one of 16 Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI) Model System Sites in the nation for the treatment of brain injuries.
Groundbreaking clinical trials: The experts at JFK Johnson Rehabilitation Institute are implementing groundbreaking clinical trials and research in stroke rehabilitation poised to change the way care for stroke patients.
Nationally certified for quality treatment and care: Our rehabilitation facilities are licensed by the State of New Jersey and accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities (CARF) and Joint Commission, meaning we’ve met rigorous quality standards in all areas of our operations and patient care. Learn more about CARF Accreditation.
“Physical therapists can utilize therapeutic exercise and hands-on treatments, recommend assistive devices and share patient education in order to achieve [the patient’s] goals.”
Alexandra Fredas, PT, DPT, physical therapist at Hackensack Meridian JFK Johnson Rehabilitation Institute
Our rehabilitation specialists work closely with you, your family, and your other care providers to assist with your recovery.