Aftercare Rehabilitation Program
Helping You Maximize Your Rehabilitation PotentialThe Aftercare Program at Hackensack Meridian Health is designed to support patients as they navigate the transition from inpatient rehabilitation to outpatient rehabilitation. We help patients take the first step toward managing their ongoing rehabilitation needs by:
- Scheduling a visit with an outpatient rehabilitation physician within two weeks of discharge from inpatient rehabilitation
- Ordering physical, occupational or speech therapy, as well as imaging and lab tests
- Coordinating care provided by rehabilitation psychiatrists, neuropsychologists and other medical specialists
- Prescribing or refilling medications
What are the Goals of the Aftercare Program?
Our goal is to maximize each patient’s rehabilitation potential by providing them with coordinated care and a personalized treatment plan tailored to their individual needs.
Other goals of the Aftercare Program include:
- Increasing functional abilities and independence
- Reducing the risk of falls at home and in the community
- Decreasing pain
- Promoting optimal health through lifestyle changes
- Decreasing the risk of re-hospitalization
- Safely returning patients to activities such as exercise, hobbies, driving or working
- Managing chronic or progressive conditions that require rehabilitation care
Who is Eligible for the Aftercare Program?
Any patient who has been discharged from inpatient rehabilitation — as well as patients who have ongoing health conditions that require rehabilitation care — may participate in the Aftercare Program.
We accept patients who have been discharged from Hackensack Meridian Health rehabilitation facilities, as well as patients discharged from other rehabilitation facilities in the community.
What Conditions Can be Managed through the Aftercare Program?
We care for patients with any acute or chronic condition that is treated or managed with rehabilitation care, including:
- Amputee care
- Neurological conditions such as multiple sclerosis, Parkinson’s disease, and stroke
- Orthopedic injuries or disorders
- Traumatic brain injury
Aftercare Program Locations
JFK Johnson Rehabilitation Institute
65 James Street
Edison, NJ 08820
Johnson Rehabilitation Institute at Ocean University Medical Center
425 Jack Martin Boulevard
Brick Township, NJ 08724
Johnson Rehabilitation Institute at Riverview Medical Center
1 Riverview Plaza
Red Bank, NJ 07701
St. Joseph’s Health Rehabilitation affiliated with Hackensack Meridian Johnson Rehabilitation Institute 234 Hamburg Turnpike
Wayne, NJ 07470
Our rehabilitation specialists work closely with you, your family, and your other care providers to assist with your recovery.