If you suffer from erectile dysfunction (ED), you are not alone. More than 30 million men in the U.S. have erectile dysfunction – the inability to achieve or maintain an erection necessary for sexual intercourse,
The urologists at Hackensack Meridian Health understand that ED can be frustrating and embarrassing to discuss—even with your doctor. We take the time to find the cause of your condition and provide you with effective treatment. Even men who have not succeeded with medication or other approaches in the past turn to us for successful ED treatment.
Accurate DiagnosisErectile dysfunction can affect men of any age. It is often caused by poor blood supply to the penis due to factors, including:
- Medical condition, such as diabetes or heart problems
- Medications, such as antidepressants or antihypertensives
- Excessive drug, alcohol or tobacco use
- Peyronie’s disease
- Emotional or psychological conditions, such as stress, anxiety or depression
- Physical exam
- Health history to identify or rule out medical conditions
- Blood or urine analysis to identify or rule out medical conditions
- Penile Doppler ultrasound, which uses ultrasound technology to identify blood flow problems in the arteries and veins inside your penis
Treatments for Erectile DysfunctionAs experts in the field of erectile dysfunction, your Hackensack Meridian urologist offers personalized treatment to help you regain function and achieve an intimate relationship with your partner. We specialize in the latest therapies and devices, and work with you to find which treatment best meets your lifestyle needs.
Medical Treatment for ED
- Addressing an Underlying Health Problem: We partner with other specialists to treat underlying health problems, such as diabetes or high blood pressure which may be causing your ED.
- Oral Medication: Several medications are available to effectively and safely treat ED. We may suggest a different medication if previous medication has been unsuccessful.
- Intra-Urethral Medication: This involves placing a tiny pellet of medication within the urethra inside your penis to increase blood flow and induce an erection.
- Injection Therapy: An injectable form of medicine is used to increase blood flow to the penis.
Devices and Penile Implants
- Vacuum Device: If medication is not successful, a vacuum device is a popular and effective alternative. A cylinder tube is placed around the penis and a pump acts as a vacuum to draw blood to the penis and create an erection. A constrictive band around the base of the penis maintains the erection for up to 30 minutes.
- Penile Implant: Our urologists specialize in minimally invasive surgery to insert a penile implant. The implant is inflated with fluid to create a hardened penis and then deflated after sexual activity.
Why Choose Us for Erectile Dysfunction Treatment
- Compassionate Care: The urologists at Hackensack Meridian Health understand that men have unique needs when it comes to urological care. Our urologists provide expert, compassionate care for common issues to the most complex problem.
- Innovation: You have access to state-of-the-art diagnostics and the latest, safest erectile dysfunction treatments.
- Experts in ED and Sexual Medicine: Hackensack Meridian Health offers urologists board certified and fellowship trained in sexual medicine. As experts in the field of ED, we can even help men who have not succeeded with prescription medications.
Why Choose Hackensack Meridian Health for Urology Care
Hackensack University Medical Center has been ranked the #1 Urology Department in New Jersey for nine years in a row by U.S. News & World Report and is the only urology department in New Jersey that is nationally ranked.
Leaders in Care
As experts in the field of erectile dysfunction, we offer a full range of treatment options. We can even help men who have not succeeded with prescription medications, such as Cialis® and Viagra®.
Our urologists have access to state-of-the-art technology and provide the latest, safest erectile dysfunction treatments.
Our award-winning team of renowned surgeons, physicians, researchers and other health care specialists are able to provide exceptional urological expertise, advancements and cutting-edge technology to develop a highly-personalized plan for each and every one of our patients.
- Bladder Cancer
- Elevated PSA
- Erectile Dysfunction
- Kidney Cancer
- Kidney Stone
- Low Testosterone
- Men's Infertility
- Men's Urination Problems
- Peyronie’s Disease
- Prostate Cancer
- Robotic Urological Surgery
- Testicular Cancer
- UPJ and Reconstruction
- Ureter Cancer
- Uterine Prolapse
- Vasectomy and Vasectomy Reversal
- Women’s Pelvic Pain
- Women’s Urinary Incontinence
- Women’s UTI