Cardiovascular disease – including heart attack and stroke – is the number one cause of death for men and women in this country, more deadly than all cancers combined. It often strikes without warning – claiming a life every 40 seconds. Knowing your risk now can go a long way toward prevention.
Start with AngioScreen®, a comprehensive heart and vascular test from Hackensack Meridian Health. In just 15 minutes, this simple, non-invasive screening will help identify your risk for heart disease and stroke, so you can take charge of a heart-healthy life. Every AngioScreen heart and vascular screening includes carotid artery ultrasound, heart rhythm, blood pressure, and screening for abdominal aortic aneurysm and peripheral artery disease (PAD). Receive a color report of your findings, educational material and a consultation with a registered nurse.
Your comprehensive screening includes:
- Carotid Artery Ultrasound – Scans for blockages and plaque in the neck arteries
- Peak Systolic Velocity (PSV) – Gauges blood flow to check for blockages and narrowing
- Ankle Brachial Index (ABI) – Checks for blockages in the leg arteries
- Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm Ultrasound – Scan measures details that help detect an aneurysm before it ruptures
- Modified EKG – Shows the rhythm of the heart
- Blood pressure, pulse and body mass index (BMI) checks
- Private consultation with a registered nurse
- Educational materials to guide your health and wellness
- Instant results to share with your doctor
It’s all for a special package rate of $49.95 ($200 SAVINGS). That’s five screenings for less than the price of one.
Hackensack Meridian Health offers AngioScreen to communities of Monmouth, Middlesex, and Ocean counties.
FEBRUARY 26, 9:30 A.M. – 4:00 P.M.
Raritan Bay Medical Center – Perth Amboy, Centennial Hall Rooms A & B
FEBRUARY 28, 1:00 P.M. – 7:30 P.M.
Meridian Fitness and Wellness, Manahawkin
To register, please call 855-785-8552 or click here to visit our online events calendar.
Are you an employer? Get your team heart-healthy with AngioScreen at Work.
More Facts about CardioVascular Disease
Every 30 seconds someone suffers a heart attack, and every 45 seconds, another has a stroke. Because a stroke or heart attack can often occur without warning or symptoms, having the facts about your vascular health is a vital first step in prevention.
Peripheral Artery Disease (PAD) are blockages in the arteries that go to the legs. Ten million people have PAD, and 90 percent do not know they have it. A person with PAD is two to four times more likely to have a heart attack compared to the general population.
Ultrasound and Ankle Brachial Index are not routinely ordered by physicians unless symptoms are present. AngioScreen measurements provide an assessment of risk that can be enhanced by consultation with your personal physician who may recommend other measures of vascular risk and health.