Residency and Fellowship programs at JFK Johnson Rehabilitation Institute
We invite medical students and physicians interested in a career in physical medicine and rehabilitation to investigate our superior residency and fellowship programs.
Professor and Chairman
Residency Program Director
Department of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
Rutgers Robert Wood Johnson Medical School
Hackensack Meridian School of Medicine
Vice President and Medical Director
JFK Johnson Rehabilitation Institute
Physician in Chief
Rehabilitation Care Transformation Services
PM&R ResidencyThe Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation (PM&R) Residency Program at Rutgers Robert Wood Johnson Medical School is fully accredited (five-year) by the Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education (ACGME). We are the Department of PM&R for both Rutgers Robert Wood Johnson Medical School and the Hackensack Meridian School of Medicine.
Our three-year program begins at the PGY-2 level. The American Board of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation defines guidelines for appropriate PGY-1 training in preparation for entering a PM&R residency program.
Brain Injury Medicine and Pain Medicine FellowshipsIn addition, we have 2 ACGME accredited fellowships at our PM&R program: Brain Injury Medicine and Pain Medicine.
Why Choose JFK Johnson Rehabilitation Institute?
- 1-to-1 resident to attending faculty teaching ratio
- Ample hands-on experience with: joint injections using ultrasound guidance, Botox injections using EMG guidance, baclofen pump refills, EMGs, prosthetics and orthotics.
- 100% board pass rate on Part 1 PM&R Board Examination
- Academic Curriculum: is structured to review each of the 12 major areas of PM&R three times over the course of the residency program during protected didactic time. Also includes in-house and out-of-house workshops to enhance education (Senior Board Review Course, Mock Exams, Cadaver course, trach, injection, spasticity and ultrasound workshops, Prosthetics Course at UPenn, Orthotics Course at Temple University, and EMG at Jefferson Medical College).
- Comprehensive Clinical Curriculum and Clinical Competency Program: provides residents with a breadth of clinical experiences in all areas of PM&R, as well as competency-based assessments on each rotation to ensure knowledge acquisition
- Three months of elective time in PGY4 Year (1 month allowed out of house, 2 months required in house, 2 week required Aftercare/Subacute Rehab experience)
Sara Cuccurullo, M.D.
Residency Program Director
732-321-7000 ext. 62133, 62780
Leslie Bagay, M.D.
Assistant Residency Program Director
732-321-7000 ext. 68244
Beverly Bolger, PM&R
Residency Program Coordinator
732-321-7000 ext. 62133
Brian Greenwald, M.D.
Brain Injury Medicine Fellowship Director
732-321-7000 ext. 62018
Laurent Delavaux, M.D.
Pain Medicine Fellowship Director
732-321-7000 ext. 62068
Fellowship Program Coordinator
732-321-7000 ext. 68121
JFK Muhlenberg Schools
The JFK Muhlenberg Snyder Schools offers accredited programs in Nursing, Radiography and Diagnostic Medical Sonography.