Ocean University Medical Center is a 357-bed hospital located in Brick, New Jersey and is recognized by U.S. News & World Report 2021-22 for clinical excellence in stroke, kidney failure, colon cancer surgery, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, heart care, knee replacement and maternity care.
Ocean University Medical Center has been designated as a Magnet® facility, one of the highest and most prestigious distinctions a health care organization can receive for nursing excellence and high-quality patient care.
With the expertise of a major medical center and the convenience and easy access of a community hospital, Ocean University Medical Center received “University” designation in 2021 - acknowledging the medical center’s exceptional teaching programs and contributions it has made to delivering high-quality, compassionate care.
Johnson Rehabilitation Institute at Ocean University Medical Center, a 40-acute bed rehabilitation facility, offers comprehensive inpatient and outpatient rehabilitation services on its campus. The medical center also operates the state’s first satellite Emergency Care Center in Point Pleasant, the Ocean Care Center, and hospital-based programs at Jackson Health Village.
- Recognized by U.S. News & World Report 2021-22 as High Performing hospital ratings in COPD, Colon Cancer Surgery, Acute Kidney Failure, Heart Failure, Stroke and Maternity Care.
- Earned the seventh consecutive “A” Leapfrog Hospital Safety Grade (fall/spring surveys) in the Fall 2021 Hospital Safety Grade report recognizing the medical centers’ efforts to protect patients from harm and provide safer health care. We are one of only 11 hospitals in NJ to earn the ‘Straight A” designation.
- Received the American College of Cardiology NCDR Chest Pain - MI Registry 2021 Platinum Performance Award
- Recognized as New Jersey’s top 3 Best Maternity Care Hospitals by Newsweek in 2020 and 2021
- Received Healthgrades’ 2021 Patient Safety Excellence Award placing us among the top 5 percent of all short-term acute care hospitals reporting patient safety
- Certified by the American College of Cardiology for 2021 HeartCARE designation
- Received the American Heart Association’s Get With The Guidelines®-Heart Failure Gold Plus Quality Achievement Award
"With the combined expertise of a major teaching medical center and the convenience and easy access of a community hospital, Ocean University Medical Center is proud to deliver high-quality, exceptional care that enables every member of our community to live a healthier life." - Jason A. Kreitner, FACHE, President and Chief Hospital Executive