Behavioral Health Facility
1071 Ramapo Valley Road
Mahwah, NJ 07430
Retreat and Recovery at Ramapo ValleyRetreat & Recovery At Ramapo Valley in Mahwah, N.J. is a division of Carrier Clinic and the Blake Recovery Center, a nationally recognized leader in medically-based substance use treatment and care located on the campus of Carrier Clinic in Somerset County (Belle Mead, N.J.). Blake Recovery Center has been providing addiction recovery care for more than 40 years to residents of New Jersey and the greater metropolitan area. And the programs and treatment plans at Retreat & Recovery At Ramapo Valley are based on the proven success of that life-changing care.
We provide a broad range of outpatient treatment services at our newly renovated Carriage House. We work collaboratively to provide a smooth transition from any inpatient facility at which you may have started your recovery journey, or you can even start your journey from home by making a phone call to our facility for screening.
The serene, historic setting at Retreat & Recovery At Ramapo Valley provides a safe and nurturing space that fosters an environment for healing and personal growth. We welcome you to join us in taking those next steps toward recovery.Please call our admissions service advisor for insurance verification.
- Intensive Outpatient Program (IOP): offered Monday through Thursday and consists of both group and individual therapy as well as case management services. This level of care provides 9-12 hours of clinical care each week, depending on clinical need.
- Outpatient Program (OP): offered Monday through Thursday and consists of both group and individual therapy as well as case management services. This level of care provides up to 8 hours of care each week, depending on clinical need.
- Family Programs: offered once per month in a group setting. Our clinical team guides a psychoeducational discussion for family members and loved ones to increase insight and awareness surrounding substance use disorders. Topics include, but are not limited to, boundary setting, communication, recovery planning, neurobiology of addiction, family systems, and support networks.
- Individual Family Therapy: offered based on the identified needs of each person and their family. These services are offered Monday through Friday in between the hours of 10 a.m. and 8 p.m.
- Co-Occurring Services: we understand the challenges of successfully managing the behaviors and symptoms associated with not only a substance use disorder, but also a co-occurring mental health disorder. Our holistic care model is designed to simultaneously address BOTH the substance use and mental health disorder.
- Medication-Assisted Treatment (MAT): the use of FDA-approved medications, in combination with counseling and behavioral therapies, to provide a “whole-patient” approach to the treatment of a substance use disorder (SAMHSA, 2020). This treatment is only provided when clinically appropriate for the individual. Under the guidance of our addiction certified Medical Director, our interdisciplinary team provides the education and clinical support needed to effectively provide this level of treatment.
Our Care Team and Philosophy
Our Care Team includes diverse professionals from a wide range of disciplines, each bringing a unique understanding of addiction and mental health, as well as overall wellness and well-being. Together, we support you and/or your loved ones on the path to an improved quality of life and new possibilities.
We believe recovery is truly a collaborative process, and we are passionate about helping individuals and their families to heal body, mind and spirit with an integrative approach to treatment and wellness. Our team includes physicians, master’s level clinicians, licensed providers, credentialed substances use counselors, and recovery specialists. We also have community partnerships to assist in developing the skills and tools that are essential to long-term success. These include family coaches, spiritual companions, holistic practitioners, and other resources to make return to a fulfilling and full life possible.
Due to currently limited availability of on-site parking, off-site parking is required. Please call 833-734-0171 for more information.