Leading the way in providing quality care for more than 100 years.Jersey Shore University Medical Center is the region’s only university-level academic medical center, with services that include our Level II Regional Trauma Center, a Stroke Rescue Center, and the region’s only Cardiac Surgery program. At Jersey Shore University Medical Center we take a great deal of pride in the quality of care we provide and our range of programs and services – all designed to meet the needs of the patients, families, and communities we serve. Our dedicated physicians, nurses, support staff, and volunteers continually work to improve the health status of everyone Jersey Shore University Medical Center treats, and to fulfill our mission of providing professional excellence with personal concern.
- Regionally ranked by U.S. News & World Report as the #7 hospital in New Jersey and high-performing in the nation in nine areas of care, including colon cancer surgery, heart attack, aortic valve surgery, heart bypass surgery, heart failure, diabetes, kidney failure, stroke, and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD).
- Combined pediatric cancer care program at K. Hovnanian Children’s Hospital & Joseph M. Sanzari Children’s Hospital ranked #42 in the nation, only program in N.J. to rank in the top 50 by U.S. News & World Report
- Fall and Spring 2021 ‘A' Grade for patient safety from The Leapfrog Group
- Named by Healthgrades as one of America’s 250 Best Hospitals, 100 Best Hospitals for Stroke Care, 100 Best Hospitals for Gastrointestinal Surgery, 50 Best Hospitals for Vascular Surgery, and received Excellence Awards in Neurosciences, Bariatric Surgery, Cranial Neurosurgery and Cardiac Surgery from Healthgrades
- Received Healthgrades’ 2020 & 2021 Patient Safety Excellence Award, joining the top 10 percent of hospitals in the nation
- Recognized nationally as a Best Maternity Care Hospital by Newsweek
“We’re proud to be recognized as one of the 250 best hospitals in the nation by Healthgrades as well as one of New Jersey’s top hospitals, as ranked by U.S. News & World Report. It’s truly our privilege and an honor to care for our community by providing accessible, affordable high-quality treatment and compassionate care whenever and wherever our neighbors need it.”
- Vito Buccellato, President and Chief Hospital Executive
Patient Actor Program
Would you like to make an impact on how our physicians in training provide care to the community? Hackensack Meridian Jersey Shore University Medical Center is encouraging members of the community to enroll in the Patient Actor Program.