Billing and InsuranceHackensack Meridian Health is committed to providing information our patients need to protect them from receiving a surprise medical bill. We have worked to try to make sure we are meeting the requirements of New Jersey's new law. While we have taken steps to fully comply with our requirements on behalf of patients, it is very important that health care consumers also consult their own health insurance plan. Only your health insurance plan can provide detailed information about your coverage and potential obligations for certain out-of-pocket costs. The contact information is on your insurance card. In accordance with the new law, we have listed below the insurance plans whose networks we participate in. You can contact the physician directly to ask about their network status with your particular health insurance plan.
- Aetna Better Health
- Amerigroup (including Medicaid products)
- AmeriHealth (including AmeriHealth Advantage Plan)
- Consumer Health Network
- Devon Health
- First Managed Care Option
- Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield (including OMNIA)
- Horizon Casualty Services
- Horizon NJ Health
- Intergroup Services Corp (EXCLUDING RBMC CAMPUSES)
- Magnacare/Brighton Health Plan
- Multiplan/Private Health Care System
- Qualcare (including Oscar)
- TRICARE (Humana Military)
- United Behavioral Health
- United Health Care
- United Community Choice (AmeriChoice)
- US Family Health Plan
- Veterans Affair Community Care Network (VA CCN)
- Wellcare (including Medicaid and D-SNP products)
* Please note: this list is subject to change. This list should not replace the confirmation of a patient's eligibility and coverage with a specific health plan.
While we have tried to make our network status clear to all health care consumers, it is important to note that the state's new out-of-network law does not apply to health insurance plans issued outside of New Jersey. Even if you live in New Jersey, if your employer is located in another state, it is possible that your plan is not covered by the law. Also, the new law is optional for self-funded plans. Self-funded plans are when the employer assumes the responsibility to cover all of the expenses of the plan. Self-funded plans are only required to follow federal requirements, not state laws. A self-funded plan may opt in and elect to be subject to New Jersey's out-of-network law, but it is not required to do so. It is important that you ask your employer or health insurance carrier whether the new law applies to your plan.
New to Medicare or have questions about your options? It can be confusing. And finding the right Medicare plan for your individual needs is important.
That’s why we’ve partnered with HealthShare360, a Medicare company that can help you compare your coverage options and select what works best for you.
Through our partnership, HealthShare360 offers you the ability to view, compare and get an estimate for Medicare plans that include Hackensack Meridian Health and Hackensack Meridian Health-affiliated doctors.
To learn more, call or visit HealthShare360 at 855-513-5897.
HealthShare360 Inc. is a licensed and certified health insurance agency that works with Medicare enrollees to explain Medicare Advantage, Medicare Supplement Insurance, and Prescription Drug Plan options with a Medicare contract. Enrollment in any Medicare plan depends upon contract renewal. HealthShare360 does not offer every plan available in your area. Any information provided is limited to those plans offered in your area. Please contact Medicare.gov or 1–800–MEDICARE (TTY users should call 1-877-486-2048 24 hours a day/ 7 days a week) to get information on all of your options.
- Bayshore Medical Center (PDF)
- Hackensack University Medical Center (PDF)
- Jersey Shore University Medical Center (PDF)
- JFK Medical Center (PDF)
- Mountainside Medical Center (PDF)
- Ocean University Medical Center (PDF)
- Old Bridge Medical Center (PDF
- Palisades Medical Center (PDF)
- Pascack Valley Medical Center (PDF)
- Raritan Bay Medical Center (PDF)
- Riverview Medical Center (PDF)
- Southern Ocean Medical Center (PDF)