Adolescent and Teen Inpatient Services
Many young people experience great emotional distress while going through the often challenging and confusing cycle of growth and change that takes place in adolescence and the teenage years. And, unfortunately, many suffer from emotional, psychiatric, and behavioral issues which are, at times, coupled with addiction issues that can hinder their positive path to self-discovery.
Offering inpatient, residential, and educational services to adolescents and teens age 13 through 18, Carrier Clinic provides vital care to these youths in a safe, healing environment, and upholds a treatment philosophy focused on enhancing their self-esteem while providing firm and consistent behavioral guidelines toward self-improvement. At East Mountain School, each students’ specific needs are taken into account with an individualized education plan (IEP).
Adolescent & Teen Inpatient Unit:
Carrier Clinic offers intensive inpatient hospitalization services on a short-term basis to adolescents and teens experiencing acute psychiatric and/or dual diagnosis disorders (where psychiatric illness is the primary diagnosis), and are in need of crisis stabilization. Help is provided and administered via a diverse array of treatment modalities that include:
- 24-hour nursing care
- Daily assessment and care by a psychiatrist
- An assigned Clinical Case Manager for each patient who provides one-on-one support, plus coordinates and facilitates family meetings for psycho-education as well as discharge planning
- Individual and group psychotherapy
- Activity groups geared toward evaluating a young patient’s own feelings and developing new strategies to cope with strong emotions
- Specialized programs such as Art Therapy, Movement Therapy, Pet Therapy
- Substance abuse counseling for adolescents whose psychiatric problem is further complicated by an addiction disorder. Often when young people use drugs, they exacerbate emotional, psychological and psychiatric problems. These youths work with a certified alcohol and drug counselor (CADC) in conjunction with a psychiatrist and other therapists, plus take part in specialized addiction treatment groups for those with chemical abuse dependency needs.
Essex CountyMountainside Medical Center
Hudson CountyPalisades Medical Center
Middlesex CountyOld Bridge Medical Center
Raritan Bay Medical Center
Monmouth CountyJersey Shore University Medical Center
Riverview Medical Center
Ocean CountyOcean University Medical Center
Southern Ocean Medical Center