Aerodigestive ClinicThe Pediatric Aerodigestive Clinic includes a multi-disciplinary medical and surgical team who specialize in taking care of patients with complex airway disorders. We utilize a team approach with specialists from fields including gastroenterology, pulmonology, feeding therapy and otolaryngology.
What conditions would potentially need aerodigestive care?
- Laryngeal and Tracheal stenosis (narrowed airway)
- Tracheostomy dependence
- Vocal cord disorders
- Aspiration disorders (when food and/or drink enter the lungs rather than esophagus)
- Swallowing disorders
- Gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD)
- Congenital tracheal or esophageal conditions (TEF or TEF/EA)
- Genetic syndromes that affect neurological and muscular control
- Office visits with multiple providers and nurse coordinators on the same day
- Upper endoscopy
- Feeding evaluation and treatment
- Pediatric surgical consultation, if needed
- Clinical feeding and swallowing evaluation
- Modified barium swallow
- Functional endoscopic evaluation of swallowing
- Coordinated outpatient diagnostic laryngoscopy, bronchoscopy and esophagoscopy, if appropriate
Our team of expert and award-winning physicians and clinicians at Sanzari Children’s Hospital and K. Hovnanian Children’s Hospital are grounded in a “families-first” approach to care. Each patient will receive a personalized experience, with practical scheduling to ensure they are able to receive multi-disciplinary care with convenience and ease.