Orthopedic surgery in New Jersey | Hackensack Meridian Health
We Can Help You Recover After Orthopedic Injury or SurgeryIf you experienced an orthopedic injury or orthopedic surgery, our team will help you return to everyday and athletic activities. Our programs focus on rehabilitation that combines education, pain management, physical and occupational therapy with the goals of:
- Avoiding another injury
- Encouraging a healthy and active lifestyle
- Preventing disability
- Reducing pain
- Regaining confidence, strength and range of motion
- Restoring function
When to Seek Orthopedic RehabilitationWe care for patients with these orthopedic conditions:
- Ankle and foot problems
- Arthritic conditions
- Carpal tunnel syndrome
- Complex regional pain syndrome (CRPS or RSD)
- Complicated joint replacements
- Congenital lordosis
- Diabetic nerve pain
- Difficulty walking or balancing
- Elbow swelling, tennis elbow, golfer’s elbow
- Fractures, including hip fractures, multiple fractures and pathological fractures
- Hip or groin pain
- Knee injury or buckling
- Joint pain or limited range of motion
- Multiple trauma
- Neck and back pain
- Pelvic pain
- Shoulder rotator cuff/labral injuries, tendonitis, bursitis
- Spine injury
- Tendonitis or ligament sprain
Treatment Options for Orthopedic Rehabilitation
We offer a full range of inpatient and outpatient services designed to help patients restore function and improve quality of life. Our services include:
- Diagnostic musculoskeletal ultrasound: This test identifies potential sources of pain using real-time imaging.
- Discography: Also called a discogram, this test helps your doctor find spinal discs that are causing pain.
- Fluoroscopic spine injections: These injections use state-of-the-art X-ray-guidance to provide targeted spine therapies.
- Injections: We offer all types of injections to reduce inflammation, including bursa, epidural, facet joint, myofascial trigger point, peripheral nerve, sacroiliac joint and shoulder, hip and knee injections.
- Nerve blocks: We perform a variety of nerve blocks, including medial branch, occipital nerve, sphenopalatine ganglion and sympathetic nerve blocks.
- Physical and occupational therapy: Our therapists help patients return to optimal functioning.
- Platelet-rich plasma (PRP) therapy: PRP harnesses the body’s own natural healing ability to accelerate healing of injured tendons, ligaments, muscles and joints.
- Radiofrequency ablation: This treatment uses a radiofrequency current to decrease pain signaling from a targeted area.
- Spinal cord stimulation: Spinal cord stimulation involves implanting a device that sends electric impulses into the spinal cord to relieve pain.
- Ultrasound-guided joint and nerve blocks: This treatment allows for precisely targeted injections for pain relief.
Why Choose Hackensack Meridian Health for Orthopedic Injury or Surgery Rehabilitation
Our rehabilitation team includes board certified physical medicine and rehabilitation physicians, certified rehabilitation registered nurses (CRRN), therapists, case managers and social workers, allowing patients to access a full range of treatments and services to meet their recovery needs.
We offer inpatient and outpatient orthopedic rehabilitation and additional supportive services. We provide wound care, pain management, orthopedic equipment consultation, and patient and family education.
We use some of the latest pain management therapies and techniques to reduce the need for opioid medications.
Our rehabilitation specialists work closely with you, your family, and your other care providers to assist with your recovery.