EpicCare Link at Hackensack Meridian Health
EpicCare Link is a secure, web-based application for connecting community affiliates to patient information at Hackensack Meridian Health (HMH) facilities currently using Epic as their EMR. Today, that includes:
- Hackensack University Medical Center
- Raritan Bay Medical Center
- Palisades Medical Center
- JFK University Medical Center
- Carrier Clinic
- Bayshore Medical Center
- Riverview Medical Center
- Jersey Shore University Medical Center
- Ocean University Medical Center
- Southern Ocean Medical Center
- Home Care and Hospice Services
- North Region: Visiting Health Services of New Jersey and VHS Hospice Services of New Jersey
- Central Region: JFK At Home and JFK Haven Hospice;
- South Region: Hackensack Meridian At Home and Hackensack Meridian Hospice
- Durable Medical Equipment: Health Innovations Unlimited (South: Eatontown, North: Lodi)
- Home Infusion (South: Eatontown, North: Lodi)
- HMHG community practices
- Office and/or billing staff of physicians credentialed at an HMH network hospital
- HMH community-based facilities who share patients with HMH; including acute care rehabs, dialysis centers and long term care facilities.
What computer equipment does EpicCare Link require?To access EpicCare Link you will need a PC or Macintosh computer, a high-speed or DSL internet connection (dial-up not recommended) and current edition of Edge, Mozilla Firefox or Chrome. EpicCare Link uses industry-standard encryption technology ensuring that only your staff and our staff have access.
What is available within EpicCare Link?
With EpicCare Link, you can:
- View your patients’ Hackensack Meridian Health Epic medical records, including hospitalizations, and emergency visits
- Access face sheet and demographic information as well as inpatient and/or hospital lists
- Review clinical data, including radiology and procedure reports, hospital discharge summaries, current medication lists, patient demographics and coverage data
Each site is required to have a Site Administrator. It is recommended that each site has 2 assigned.
Site Administrators are responsible for:
- Requesting access for new users.
- Site Verification.
- Requesting network extensions.
- Deactivating users that are no longer with the site.
Steps to Request Access:
- Use the link below to download and print the HMH Electronic Health Record (EHR) Agreement. The completed documentation will need to be uploaded and attached to your site request. Electronic signatures are not accepted, documents must be physically signed.
Electronic Health Record (EHR) Agreement
- Click this link to access our site request page, and click on Request New Account.
- Click “Request Access for a new site”
- Fill out the required fields, and include any additional information if available.
- Upload the completed EHR agreement to the site request, by either clicking on the “Add files” or drag and drop the file.
- Click “Next” to request access for your staff members.
- Next, request access for your individual users. Remember to designate two users to be your Site Administrators. They will be the main contact for your organization.
- After submitting the request you will see a confirmation page. Print this page and keep for your records in case you need to refer to it later.
Please allow 2 to 3 weeks for your request to be completed. The EpicCare Link team will contact the site administrator with any questions if necessary.
If you have any questions about how to complete these forms, please contact the Epic Service Desk at 848-237-3333 opt 2, or submit an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.