Hackensack University Medical Center Gift Shops are located throughout the medical center and offer a variety of products for your convenience and to help brighten the lives of patients. A dedicated group of volunteers will help you find a special gift for your friend or family member. All profits from the gift shops sales further enable the Hackensack University Medical Center Auxiliary to support the hospital’s many medical programs.
Purchase a Gift for a Loved One
If you would like to purchase an item to be delivered to your loved one’s hospital room you may do so by calling the Corner Shop.
Get Well Soon balloon bouquet $21.99
New Baby balloon bouquet (for boy or girl) $21.99
Flowers and Plants
It’s a Boy/Girl! bouquet $50.00
Seasonal Mix $75.00
For The New Baby
Pink or Blue Teddy Bears $99.00
Welcome Wagon for boys or girls $59.99
Selection and prices vary. Please call for details.
Russell Stover boxed candy $12.99 (large), $8.99 (small)
Call for more assortment options
Dog $13.99 (small) $49.99 (large)
The Corner Shop
Located in the Banta Lobby
The Corner Shop located in the Banta Lobby offers a unique shopping experience, providing a wonderful array of personal gifts such as jewelry, handbags, scarves, and decorative items for the home. Brighten a patient’s day with stuffed animals, toys, games, balloons, floral arrangements, greeting cards and seasonal decorations. The shop is also a convenient source for newspapers, magazines, books, snacks, candy and toiletries.
Children's Gift Shop
Located in the Joseph M. Sanzari Children's Hospital
The Children’s Gift Shop is child-friendly and offers an array of gifts to delight younger patients as well as visitors and staff. Bright and colorful, this Shop is stocked with toys, children’s books and stuffed animals! Grab a chilled, refreshing beverage at this location, too. This is the only Shop that features our new HackensackUMC logo merchandise and apparel- an ideal gift for that special caregiver!
Dr. Earl and Ingrid Doyne Corner Shop
Located in the John Theurer Cancer Center
The Dr. Earl and Ingrid Doyne Corner Shop is our newest addition. Opened for business in December, 2012, on the main floor, the facility offers both practical and luxury items for our patients, guests, and staff. The tranquil, welcoming environment enables our clientele to take a moment away from the clinical setting to enjoy selecting from a wide range of specialty products and beautiful gifts. Though dedicated to serving the unique needs of our cancer patients in particular, the boutique is well-equipped to serve all of our visitors.
The Sandra Kissler Women's Shop
Located in the Donna A. Sanzari's Women's and Children's Hospital
Shades of pink and blue, perfect for the new baby or two! The Sandra Kissler Women’s Shop caters to the newborn with gift items to mark the occasion of a new arrival. In addition, the shop offers preemie size clothing for those extra special bundles of joy. Items suitable for parents and young siblings are also available in the shop. A thoughtful gift of chocolate, fresh flowers, greeting cards, magazines, and stuffed animals will bring cheer to our patients. New mothers may also use the services of the Medela Rental Breast Pump Station.
The Green Caboose Thrift Shop
Located at 86 Orchard Street in Hackensack
The Green Caboose thrift shop sells donated items such as gently used clothing, jewelry, children’s toys and books, holiday items, and a broad selection of household articles. There is always a surprise or two among the spacious rows of merchandise.
Founded by the HackensackUMC Auxiliary and originally housed in the historic Anderson Street train station since 1962, the thrift shop became an integral part of the community. In January 2009, it was destroyed in a fire.
The Green Caboose now continues its services in its new home on Orchard Street where it not only produces income for the medical center but provides two important services to the community: previously owned items are given a new lease on life; and those looking to clean out attics and basements have an ideal donation destination.
Donations are accepted Monday through Saturday from 10:00 am to 4:00 pm. For additional information, please call 201-487-1462.
Gift Shop volunteers stock shelves, use a cash register, and help visitors and patients with shopping.
Spiritual and Religious Comfort and Support
The Pastoral Care Department offers the Hackensack University Medical Center community — our patients, their families, and our staff — spiritual and religious comfort and support.
In our Mission we rely on traditions both ever ancient and ever new to promote healing in body, mind, and spirit with unconditional acceptance and love to men and women — both old and young — of all faiths and traditions. In collaboration with The Planetree Initiative, Pastoral Care offers complementary modalities of holistic care to our patients, families, and staff recognizing the connection between the body, the mind, and the spirit in the healing process.
- Bedside Visiting
- Worship Services of Various Faith Traditions
- Sacramental Ministry
- Volunteer Visitation
- Reiki (in conjunction with The Planetree Initiative)
- Labyrinth (in conjunction with The Planetree Initiative)
- No Ones Dies Alone (NODA)
- Shabbos Accommodations
- Counseling Retreats
- Bereavement Support
- Staff Support
- Clinical Pastoral Education
- Continuing Education for Volunteers
The Second Street Café is open from 6:30 a.m. until 7:30 p.m., and from 1 a.m. until 3 a.m., Monday through Friday, and limited hours Saturday and Sunday. Located on the ground floor of the Pavilion Building, it offers a wide array of foods for every appetite.
The Aquarium Café is open from 6:30 a.m. until 6:30 p.m., Monday through Friday, and limited hours Saturday and Sunday. Located off the main entrance at the Joseph Sanzari Children’s Hospital, it offers light bistro fare, from gourmet coffees and teas to salads, sandwiches, desserts, and snacks.
The Lobby Coffee Shop is open from 6 a.m. until 8:30 p.m. Monday through Friday, and 7 a.m. until 7:30 p.m. Saturday and Sunday. Located off the main entrance on the first floor Link Lobby, it offers light bistro fare, from gourmet coffees and teas to salads, sandwiches, and desserts.
The Plaza Pharmacy at Hackensack University Medical Center is a full-service retail pharmacy that provides prescription and over-the-counter medications, medical supplies, sundries, and other merchandise for patients and employees of the medical center.
- Highly skilled registered pharmacists, who have years of experience counseling patients, interfacing with physicians, and filling and compounding prescriptions.
- Convenient hours and location that make it easy for you to fill all your pharmacy needs in one place.
- Effortless prescription filling. Whether you are an employee, a patient just being discharged from the hospital, or are in need of outpatient pharmacy services, we will fill your prescriptions efficiently and have them ready as you leave the medical center. Prescriptions can be called in, faxed, or sent to us by the medical center’s internal pneumatic tube system. We will then fill them and deliver them right to your hospital room or employee location— saving you time.
- Extensive and specialty inventory. Because we are intimately familiar with the prescription patterns of our doctors at the medical center, we stock the most common medications and compounds they prescribe. We also stock medications for specialty services not found at regular pharmacies, including prescriptions for patients undergoing stem cell transplantation or infertility treatment. Since we communicate regularly with the medical center’s physicians, we can stock new medications as they become available and can fill special orders by request.
- Most major insurance plans, including Medicare D and workers’ compensation plans, are accepted.
- Personalized patient services, including private consultations to help fill in the gaps of information you might want to know about your medications.
The Plaza Pharmacy
Hours of Operation:
Monday – Friday
7:30 a.m. – 7 p.m.
9 a.m. – 5 p.m.
John Theurer Cancer Center Pharmacy
Hours of Operation:
Monday – Friday
8 a.m. – 6 p.m.
- A place to manage your prescriptions online.
- Once a patient has access to the ePharmacy portal they can:
- Obtain drug information
- Check drug interactions
- Ask a Pharmacist a question
- Transfer prescriptions
- Refill prescriptions
- View their prescription records, including drug images
- View their allergy information
- Print medical expense reports
- Generate a wallet sized prescription information card which includes allergies
- To generate a new account a patient needs a prescription number from either the Plaza or John Theurer Cancer Center retail pharmacies
Beyond Spa, a serene environment where ancient techniques are combined with modern medicine to offer a unique therapeutic approach to beauty, health and wellness.
Request a Spa AppointmentVisit us for a day of relaxation and personal wellness. To request an appointment, call the Main Location at 551-996-4500 or the Fitness & Wellness Center at 551-996-2833.