ResourcesThe Hackensack Meridian Health Institute of Quality Science provides links to helpful resources in the science of patient safety and quality. These resources are both internal and external. Selected pages/links are provided below:
The Hackensack Meridian Health web site includes:
- Patient Safety and Quality
- Links to many patient safety and quality resources: Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ), National Association of Healthcare Quality (NAHQ) and the ECRI Institute.
- The Center for Simulation and Experiential Learning
The Research page on the Hackensack University Medical Center web site includes links to current research and resources at the Medical Center and includes information about ongoing clinical trials, biomedical research, Nursing Research, and research through the John Theurer Cancer Center, Molly Diabetes Center, Geriatric Medicine, Pediatrics, Urology and others.
- Defining the Science of Improvement
- Providing information related to quality improvement on a variety of topics, along with recommended resources
- Providing links to quality conferences and educational opportunities, including the annual IHI National Forum, virtual and audio training, and the Certified Professional in Patient Safety (CPPS) Course
- Offering review courses in collaboration with the National Patient Safety Foundation (NPSF) to experienced patient safety professionals who plan to take the Certified Professional in Patient Safety (CPPS) examination. This course can help participants prepare for the exam by reviewing domain content areas and test-taking strategies. Courses are not required to pass the exam and participation in any of the courses doesn’t guarantee a passing score on the certification exam. Courses can be taken online, on demand, via WebEx and in person in multiple locations. For more information, please see the link on the IHI.org website.
- Sharing links to pertinent health care quality publications, white papers, innovation reports, quality improvement tools, poster boards, presentations and other health care and improvement-related websites
- Providing membership information
- Sharing links to patient safety education and resources
- Providing an opportunity to participate in discussions in the patient safety online forum
Armstrong Institute for Patient Safety and Quality has the goals of eliminating preventable harm to patients and achieving the best patient outcomes at the lowest cost possible, and then sharing knowledge of how to achieve this goal with the world. This website includes the following:
- E-learning opportunities, conferences, workshops and webinars
- Overview of several projects, including patient-centered care, teamwork, high value health care, safety & quality measurement, and more
- Training, services and centers
- Research topics and centers
For more information, please visit their website.