Hackensack Meridian Health Patient Transfer CenterThe Hackensack Meridian Health Transfer Center works directly with doctors and other health care providers to seamlessly transfer patients to and from Hackensack Meridian Health acute care hospitals.
How To Transfer A Patient
- Doctors & Hospitals: Call 855-367-4862 (HUMC site) or 866-515-4911 (JSUMC site). Our transfer center team will connect you with the appropriate physician(s) at Hackensack Meridian Health.
- Patients & Family Members: Speak to your physician and request transfer to one of our facilities by having them call the Transfer Center to start the process.
- A Hackensack Meridian Health accepting physician is required at the time of transfer, but not at the time of the initial phone call. Our Transfer Center team is prepared to assist with identifying an accepting physician.
What To Expect When Transferring A Patient To Hackensack Meridian Health
Your call will be answered on a recorded line by one of our Nurse Clinical Coordinators or Transfer Center Agents.
Please be prepared with the following information:
- Patient name, date of birth, height and weight
- Current location, referring physician’s name and phone number
- Area of specialty being requested (for example - trauma, pediatrics, neuro, etc)
- A brief clinical overview including vital signs, isolation and code status, medical devices (such as a ventilator, LVAD, Impella, IABP), current medications and IV infusions.
For patients transferring from outside of the Hackensack Meridian Health network, please ensure a copy of all imaging (image disk and report) is included with the copy of the medical record.
The Transfer Center will connect physicians and nurses from both facilities for handoff, and arrange appropriate medical transportation.