Recipe: Air Fried (or Baked) Chicken Wings
February 06, 2023
Clinical Contributors to this story:
Tara Mauro, MS, RDN
Nothing says football like chicken wings. As you plan your snacks for the Super Bowl, fire up the air fryer and try this easy, flavorful chicken wing recipe.
- 1 pound chicken wings
- ½ cup whole wheat flour
- ½ tsp each: garlic powder and cayenne pepper
- ½ cup your favorite buffalo sauce
- Combine flour, garlic powder and cayenne pepper in a sealable plastic bag. Add chicken, seal bag and shake to coat chicken with flour mixture. Refrigerate for at least one hour.
- In a bowl, add buffalo sauce, and dip chicken wings into sauce. Transfer sauce-dipped wings to the air fryer.
- Air fry at 400° F for 20 minutes. (Can also bake at 425° F for 45 minutes, flipping wings halfway through.)
Next Steps & Resources:
- Recipe shared by registered dietician, Taura Mauro
The material provided through HealthU is intended to be used as general information only and should not replace the advice of your physician. Always consult your physician for individual care.