Hospitals and Emergency Departments
1140 Route 72 West
Manahawkin, NJ 08050
Wait Times Explained: New patients arrive frequently, and some patients require more immediate attention indifferent of when they arrive. Your wait time may differ from what is listed at the time of a patient’s arrival. Wait times represent an average time from arrival to being seen by a clinician.
Wait times are refreshed every 30 minutes. Wait times are provided for informational purposes only and cannot be guaranteed upon arrival. They may remain subject to change at all times without notice. When "NA" is displayed, wait time is unavailable.
Patients should bring the following information when registering for an appointment or hospital stay:
- Advance Directive
- Copay or deductible
- Driver’s license
- Insurance Card
- Medicare/Medicaid card
- Name and Social Security Number of the insured
- Referral forms from your physician (if required by your insurance carrier)
- Referral/Order Guidelines
- Worker’s compensation information (if applicable)
Free parking is available for patients and visitors at Southern Ocean Medical Center. Designated areas closest to the Hospital entrances are marked for handicapped parking and for patient services and visitors.
Specialty Programs Available
- Cancer Center
Our experts specialize in the latest treatments and technologies to provide an unmatched level of clinical excellence and personalized care.
- Cardiovascular Care
Our Cardiovascular Program brings board-certified cardiologists, nurses and cardiac technicians together to provide expert, quality care from the earliest onset of a cardiac event through to rehabilitation.
- Bariatrics & Surgical Weight Loss
Our specialists build personalized care plans to accommodate your unique situation and goals and combine nutrition, exercise and medical and surgical treatment to ensure the best possible outcome.
- Orthopedic Care
Our experts are skilled in the latest surgical procedures and work with specialists from a wide array of disciplines to accurately diagnose your problem and develop an individualized plan so you can get back to doing the things you love.
Why Choose Southern Ocean Medical Center
- Leaders in Cardiovascular and Stroke Care: We have been recognized with the Get With The Guidelines® - Heart Failure quality achievement award by the American Heart Association, the Get With The Guidelines® Stroke Gold Plus Award by the American Heart Association and the American Stroke Association, and are designated as a High Performing Hospital in stroke by U.S. News & World Report.
- Nationally Recognized Weight Loss Surgery: Our Center for Bariatrics is recognized by the American College of Surgeons as the most comprehensive, high-quality bariatric surgery program in the region, and designated as a Center of Excellence by the American Society of Metabolic & Bariatric Surgery.
- Experts in Robotic-Assisted Surgery: We specialize in the da Vinci Xi™ Surgical System, which enables surgeons to use a minimally invasive surgical technique that reduces the patient’s length of stay and lowers the risk of complications, blood loss and post-surgical pain. We have performed more than 1,000 robotic cases since the summer of 2021.
Identical twins Meagan McCallum and Courtney Werner have always had a unique bond.