Cancer Navigator Program
Guiding you through every step of your cancer care
For many people, a cancer diagnosis is overwhelming. Through our Cancer Navigator Program, we guide you and your loved ones through any aspect of your care that may be challenging. Our navigators are your advocates, every step of the way.
As a patient of John Theurer Cancer Center, you’ll find support through three types of navigators who work closely together to ensure you get the best care possible.
Make an Appointment
John Theurer Cancer Center has recruited cancer doctors from around the world to provide you with award-winning cancer treatment and care. It’s easy to get started with your cancer care. Call 833-CANCER-MD today. We will schedule your appointment promptly.
Learn more about each unique role:
New Patient Intake Coordinators
Our new patient intake coordinators help make the new patient onboarding process as easy as possible. Their responsibilities include:
- Helping you book your first appointments
- Gathering your medical records
- Insurance verification
- Answering questions you have in advance of your appointment
Oncology Nurse Navigators
Our oncology nurse navigators are your main point of contact. They are registered nurses with oncology-specific clinical knowledge and serve as your advocate. Nurse Navigators guide you throughout your cancer journey, and will help coordinate your clinical care. Their responsibilities include:
- Coordinating treatment and follow-up care
- Providing clinical education, facts, and resources
- Answering questions related to your medical care
- Supporting your doctors to ensure timely service and attention to detail
- Helping you manage treatment side effects
Patient Navigation Coordinators
Our patient navigator coordinators are your quarterbacks throughout your care journey, helping to solve any issues and connect you with available resources to address:
- Getting timely appointments
- Maintaining service excellence
- Mental or physical distress
- Gaps in transportation
- Financial concerns
- And any other non-medical needs that arise
Why Choose Hackensack Meridian Health
The Memorial Sloan Kettering–Hackensack Meridian Health partnership brings together two world-class organizations with deep New Jersey roots and a single goal: Find more cures faster.
Our head/neck surgeons are certified to perform transoral robotic surgery (TORS). Our Robotic Center of Excellence is one of the largest robotic surgery programs, with the highest volume of minimally invasive cancer procedures in New Jersey.